A must read

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Crystal Lynn

Post by Crystal Lynn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:42 am

sounds great.. I'll have to make it out to the book store and pick it up ASAP. thanks for the recommendation! Selp-Help books can be well.. helpful. But I'd really like to get into a novel like that.

I'd also like to recommend East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It's an amazing book! ..beautifully written. You'll laugh and cry and.. it's just the best! Go to Amazon.com to learn more about it. Do not watch the movie, it gives the novel no justice.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

char-lee

Post by char-lee » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm

crystal lynn,
if you liked east of eden you would like the grapes of wrath, also by john steinbeck.

char-lee

Post by char-lee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:30 am

crystal lynn,
thanks, I have read east of eden (twice)and it is a great book.Helen Keller,the story of my life is another awesome read.

Debbie Mac

Post by Debbie Mac » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:51 am

Originally posted by penu:
Hi everyone,

Sometimes I need a break from my self help books. I read every day, mostly before bed, I sometimes feel transformed to a different place and time, this significantly contributed to my recovery from anxiety attacks.

I recently read "The Shack" and wanted to suggest it to other book lovers. I don't want to give any details regarding this book-just read it! For those that have read it I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Hi Penu I have a sister with the same name -- imagine that! Could you be my sister?

equestrian1

Post by equestrian1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:38 am

Hi! I have been in the program 14 weeks and have just now found this sight.
I read the shack awhile ago.
for self-help: I read recently "what to say when you talk to yourself" and "Unstuck".
I recommend both but "Unstuck" I thought was especially helpful for depression. It covers all aspects of body and mind.
for a good inspirational book, read "The Long Walk" by S. Rawicz An incredible true story of an escape from a concentration camp in Siberia.

Cyndy

Post by Cyndy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:49 pm

This book is awesome!!!! A must read for ne!!!!