The Shack

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Angel79

Post by Angel79 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:16 am

I read The Shack and it is life changing in regards to forgiveness and removing " your hands from the throats" of those who are burdens. It also was enlightening to think about how forgiveness is important for your self improvement, but forgiveness does not guarantee a relationship. Focus on forgiving those that have hurt you and you will begin to fill peace inside.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:02 am

I just finished reading that book. I loved it and have passed it on to friends so that they may enjoy it also.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:15 am

I read it loved it, need to read again and purchased 10 more and passed them on to friends and people I though in my life needed a little inspiration.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 am

A strange thing happened to me with this book. I was looking at the group to find a good read and I came across the first posting for "The Shack". I wrote it down on my book list so I could pick it up next time I went to the bookstore.

The next day my friend calls and says that a friend had given her a book to read but she was already reading something else and wanted to know if I was interested in a good spiritual book. I said sure...what's the name of it. She replied, "The Shack". Divine intervention? You decide.

kappaman

Post by kappaman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:56 am

Who is the author of The Shack?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 am

Hi Babbers,
The author of The Shack is:William P. Young.
Have a great day.
Teri

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:20 am

:)Wow! Sounds like a great book. I'll read it too. Forgiveness doesn't mean that the wrong that was done to you is OK, it just means that you aren't going to let the negative act torture you mentally any longer.

Hugs,
Beth

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 am

Back of the book reads:

Mackenzie Allen Philips's youngest daugher, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.

Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.

In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant THE SHACK wrestles with the timeless question: Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain? The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:30 am

The books website:

<A HREF="http://www.theshackbook.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.theshackbook.com/</A>

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Wow, I just came accross this thread and I just got this book out of the library today! I guess it was meant to be.