Motivational Books

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
nizzle

Post by nizzle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi everyone! I'm curious about what you all have read or are reading! I'm always down for some recommendations as I'm very new to the world of motivational books.

I've just finished Helping Me Help Myself by Beth Lisick. It's a fun memoir about a woman who spent a whole year following the country's most famous self help authors and speakers.

I'm now rereading Succulent Wild Woman by SARK. I read it once in my teens and I remember thinking it was absolutely magical.

(If there's already a thread about this, forgive me! Being new to forums is weird!)

- Niz

equestrian1

Post by equestrian1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 am

Hi nizzle,
I loved "Unstuck" and "what to say when you talk to yourself" besides "from Panic to Power", all very helpful.
Also inspirational is "The Long Walk" by S. Rawicz and "Man's Search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl, but have your kleenex nearby. Both are struggles of WWII concentration camp prizoners. But it sure puts a perspective on how blessed I really am! Happy reading!