Has Anyone Read: I'm OK, You're OK?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Lilly_Light

Post by Lilly_Light » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:03 am

Has anyone read, "I'm OK, You're OK"? I did a search for it in this forum, and I'm surprised that it's not mentioned here. I'm thinking about borrowing it from the library, and I wanted to read any recommendations/feedback/thoughts that there might be about it.

Once I have read it, I might post my thoughts on it here. It sounds like a great book.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Lilly:

I really have been enjoying reading, Lucinda's book, from Panic to Power! just a thought..

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:25 am

Yes,I have read that book.When I read it I wasn't depressed or having panic attacks.I was reading many books on psychology at the time.It was very interesting,as most of the older ones are..................Malikye

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:50 am

I did read that. It's been awhile though. My doctor also suggested "Feeling Good." I've been reading that in increments and it's basically the same as what this program is about. I haven't recieved me package yet though.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I have never heard of that one. If you read it please post here if you like it. I love to read!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:35 am

I appreciate your responses :-). I actually have read many books that I like on this subject and others. I tend to enjoy Buddhist philosophy quite a bit, and I eat psychology books for lunch (it was one of my majors while I was in college).

I just have heard so much about this book that I guess I was surprised that it hasn't been mentioned on this website. I picked up a copy of it at the library yesterday, and it looks like it might be interesting. It's perhaps a little more technical than I would have thought, but it seems like it might be interesting. I will let you know what I think of it once I have finished reading it.

It's funny...I think that one of the things that I tend to do too much of is read--I need to get out of my own head sometimes *grinz*. I just have always loved to read--it seems to run in my family *LOL*.

Lily_Light

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Lilly_Light,
I'm OK, You're OK is an interesting book, but it focuses on psychological conditions occuring solely based on behavioral factors, without taking any sort of biological factors, such as physical chemical imbalances, into account.

As it is older, it was written before the newer research about various psychological conditions occured.

Taking that into account, it is certainly an interesting read. I would be interested to hear what you think about it, if you decide to read it.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:23 am

I decided to take this book back to the library, but keep it on my library book list so that I can read it in the future if I choose. Instead, I picked up a copy of "The Four Agreements" and I'm reading it and loving it.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Lilly_Light

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:08 pm

I read I'm OK, You're OKa long time ago -- probably 20 years ago. I don't remember much about the book now except that at the time I thought of writing the book I'm Dysfunctional, You're Dysfunctional but I was too dysfunctional to ever get around to writing the book.

Now that I'm in week two of the program I'm thinking of writing I'm Not OK, You're Not OK, and That's OK

And that it is indeed OK is something I need to learn.

By the way, Lilly Light, reading too much is something that I, too, do. I've been listing the books I read for more than 30 years now (Is that an indication of an OCD tendency?) and the list is well over a thousand books. I simply love to read; I'm so willing to lose myself in another's thoughts.

sturgesscribe

Post by sturgesscribe » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:54 am

NO I HAVE NEVER READ IT, BUT CAN YOU ALL GIVE ME THE TITLES AND AUTHORS NAME AND I WILL GET TO READING. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GLADLY APPRECIAITED. THANKS. DO YOU GUYS KNOW THAT EVEN KNOW WITH NOONE AROUND. I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE THINKING" SHE'S WEIRD"