"Unstuck" book is GREAT

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
m4

Post by m4 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi all,
This is a great book:
"Unstuck, Your Guide to the 7 stage journey out of depression" by James Gordon, MD.
Dr. Gordon is a psychiatrist and he recommends medicine as a LAST resort for depression. It is so surprising to read a book by a psychiatrist who is not pushing pills for depression! All I can say is "WOW". This is a must read. I am only 1/3 of the way through and I'm getting so much help from it.
also check out his website:
<A HREF="http://www.cmbm.org" TARGET=_blank>www.cmbm.org</A> (center for mind- body medicine).

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:29 am

I've heard some really good things about this book. It's on my "to buy" list. Let us know about your progress with this or how it is helping.

pinkeetoz

Post by pinkeetoz » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:51 am

I'm adding it to my list as well, thanks for sharing!

California_dreamin'

Post by California_dreamin' » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey m4, how's it going? Can you give readers an update? The title sounds good... your recommendation sounds good, but I'd like to know more. I guess I'll check Amazon too. And if there's anyone else out there who has read this book, please tell your opinion.

pecos

Post by pecos » Sun May 10, 2009 8:55 am

This program invites you to find supplemental reading while working through the sessions. If you only have time to read one supplemental book, read this one. It is excellent, and helps reinforce the good stuff you are learning working this program. I believe it will also help you understand why the StressCenter.com program will work for you. Overcoming depression is a gradual process, just like focusing on one session at a time, one week at a time. The results are that you've successfully re-routed some of the circuits in your brain. If you cannot buy a copy, find one in your local library. Truly a worthwhile addition to this program. But remember, nothing takes the place of simply doing. Doing the listening, reading, homework. Do the work.