Telling family and friends about the program?

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Barb Gerbitz

Post by Barb Gerbitz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:21 am

I am having a hard time telling family or friends about this condition and the program.
I feel I will lose credability in my business and my family will treat me like a delicate situation. I'm sweating just writing this note because I have social anxiety. Maybe someone has some words for me.
barb gerbitz

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:54 am

You have achieved something great just by writing this down! As far as your friends and family, as with any situation, if they really care about you they will be there to support you in anything you want to do. ON the business angle, you shouldn't worry, if you provide an impeccable product, wonderful customer service or are consistent in your line of work anxiety should not deter your business. I manage a clinic and I thought I would surely be called out! By working the program I am learning new techniques and in emergency situations use my medication. That is the only way I am able to exist on a daily basis and take care of my children as well as manage the clinic. IN the beginning I wanted to quit it all and was agoraphobic for a week or so, but I had to convince myself I couldn't live like this forever and avoid all the things I used to do due to anxiety and panic. By continuing in your business it only shows you have great inner strength to acknowledge your needs and start down your path to overcome your fears. Keep your head up.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:26 am

Maggie
Thank you so much for the kind words I just found my way back to the my post and was able to see your response thank you for the encouragement it is very helpful and your right when I think about it, my customers are some of my best cheerleaders of me and the work I do for them.
much relieved
Barb :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:02 am

As more food for thought.....did you ever wonder that maybe your customers might also be suffering from some of these symptoms? The more I get into this, I am thinking of alot of people that probably suffer from some of these things, and haven't yet acknowledged it to themselves. Good for us for knowing the difference, and that there is a solution!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:35 pm

You would really be suprised by how people react when you tell them that you have anxiety. Nobody will lose respect for you and that I will promise. More people than you ever know feel just the way you do.