The Secret

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:24 pm

I agree Tigerlady it gave e hope to think in a positive manner will get me out of of this rut that i've been in for so long. only if more people would think this way the world would be abetter place

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:13 am

King V wrote:
Nothing wrong with thinking positive if fact I recommend it. However, I don't buy into if you think it it will magically appear at your door.

Goals and proper planning with positive atitude and hard work is more like it.
I love The Secret and you're right that it is a newer version of many older ones. "As A Man Thinketh" by James Allen might be the one you are referring to from the early 1900's?

Anyway, I was thinking that the version of this idea of thoughts becoming things that you might really enjoy from your Christian standpoint might be the classic "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Dr.Norman Vincent Peale...which you might already be aware of, but I thought I'd mention it, anyway!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:16 am

Hey Songbird,

I agree with all of your post but, I'm still not a fan of the secret.

I recently read Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale. I love his writing simple and straight forward. The Christian Quotes are great and not over done. So it will be good for everyone.

He has his own web site and you can read some of his material there.

The man lived to be 95 years of age so he may of known what he was talking about.

*** So it's clear to evryone I love positive thinking books or any books that make you feel great.***

I dislike books that are money grabbers and stretch the truth a little too far.

Thanks

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I have read this book and think that it helped a lot.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:39 pm

I read the secret and it made a world of difference in my life. Some of my aspirations have come true. It really works. I highly recommend it:) I am also reading alot of other things related to the secret like Abraham-Hicks and just a world of information. I have made a vision board, and done the whole thing, it works!!!