The Secret

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
ShellyAnn

Post by ShellyAnn » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 pm

Has anyone else read The Secret, or seen the movie? I've found it incredibly, incredibly helpful in battling anxiety and depression. I'd love to hear what others have thought.
ShellyAnn

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Fri May 11, 2007 6:58 am

Great motivational concept. I purchased "The Secret" on Video. My adult daughter is also applying the techniques and it is fun to share the surprises that are coming our way.

Post by Guest » Fri May 11, 2007 9:48 am

There are other posts about this also under book club.
I have the cd set, the movie and the book. My wife and I are true believers. We have atracted things and even each other.
One thing just leads into another. We have lots of books, tapes on the subject. We have found that this goes way back. Do you know why it is a secret now days? Not because it hasn't been out there,but because people haven't looked into it or are just to caught up into there hectick life to see it. Mabey you have to attract it. We have found the secret and are ever serching for more of this.

Other resources: Brian Tracy The Psychology of Achievement, these are tapes, no date.
Jack Canfield, How to Build High Self-Esteem.
Tapes, no date.
Wayne Dyer has lots of stuff, we have a tape set from him. I want to get every thing he has out there.
There are countless others also. I believe that we have attracted these at book sales. My wife bought these home with a box full of books on the subject. We also bought books from amazon.
Riches Withen Your Reach,and The Secret of the Ages by Collier.
The Master Key System by Haanel.

I have become a total differnt person through these studies. My life is wonderfull, I am full of joy and life just keeps getting better and better every day. StressCenter Program and this subject together is just awsome.
Keep Looking, you will attract it. :D

Glen

Post by Guest » Fri May 11, 2007 10:53 am

I just read it. I have to say that it does make alot of sense, but I was turned off by all the emphasis on material things.
I'm currently reading another book by a Buddhist monk called Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?-Inspiring Stories for Welcoming Life's Difficulties.
It's filled with stories and each one teaches you a lesson. It focuses on what's really important in life. I think it's a great read!

Post by Guest » Sun May 13, 2007 4:37 am

YES, The secret is amazing! I was blown away by it! I bought it and watched it before my anxiety came back and was able to apply it in many parts of my life..I took a break from it to re-do the program, but I plan to get back to it soon..The video does seem to focus on material or money issues alot, but most of us have them! They are also a huge cause of stress for most people, so I guess it had to be addressed, but applying "the secret" to my life helped get me completely out of debt that was contolling my life for a year-so I believe it works..Now I think I may watch today, and try to apply it to my anxiety and seewhat happens!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:49 am

Hi Everyone,

My partner found "the Secret" just as I was finding your program. It was a struggle between which one I would follow, at the time it seemed it was either one or the other. I began listening to the intro CD's here and writing my fears. I then got "anxious" about my outcome here and began reading "the Secret" and saw the two of them working hand in hand in my mind. Now I am reading both. I also have the DVD for "the Secret" which I may start on tonight, I still have a few days to work on Lesson 1 homework assignments ;)

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:39 am

Another good book you can get at a library or order in paperback is: Flow: The Psychology of Optimum Experience.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:47 am

Can anyone tell me what "The Secret" is? Who is the author?

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:45 am

The secret is amazing. It is written by Rhonda Byrne and can help you to look at what you are attracking to yourself. It kinda goes along with the what you think about you bring about! It can change your life if you really want it to.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:15 pm

I'm new to the program and when i saw they sugest reading a motivational book I found that one. I just started reading it today and so far I love it!