Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
missobsessive

Post by missobsessive » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:06 am

I've heard so much about this book. Do the tea forms come with the book when you order it from the website?

samcat

Post by samcat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:21 pm

You just make up the TEA forms yourself. They are really simple. I just did one and made copies of it. You just put the thought, what category they fall into and the positive replacement thought down. I just put those three across the top and boxed out lines so I made a form. Easy as pie.

missobsessive

Post by missobsessive » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Ooooh I see. I think I'm gonna order it. I've heard/read so much about it. Thank you!

equestrian1

Post by equestrian1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:11 am

What book is this you guys are talking about\/ sounds interesting.

samcat

Post by samcat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi Cloie and equestrian,

Been There, Done That, Do this by Sam Obitz is very short and easy to read. The TEA forms stands for Thought/Error/Analysis.
He has you list your negative thoughts, put them into a category, them change them to positive thoughts. Good add on to lesson number 3 in our program, which they call the "hinge lesson", meaning it all depends on getting it. I have been doing the TEA stuff off and on for several months now--not every day like I should , but when I have an opportunity. I looked back at it the other day, and the interesting thing is that NOT ONE negative thought I have had has actually happened. Tells you something, huh? We are making up all this negative garbage in our minds, not based on any facts. Yes, Cloie , it is cognitive behavioral therapy, as a matter of fact, is very similar to a David Burns form. If you have trouble countering negative thinking, I would recommend the book. Go back in this thread and you will find out how to order it.

WW

Post by WW » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm

So many replies since I last posted and no time to reply to everyone so I will just echo all the great advice from Lilchrissy, Samcat and JR5 et all. The TEA forms can really turn your life around if you commit to them. I still do them daily but I really can see their way of thinking is becoming more and more ingrained and I could probably stop or reduce them and feel pretty good now as my thinking has come full circle to where I used to see the glass half empty and now it usually looks half full to me :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Originally posted by lilchrissy:
You're welcome. Sometimes it's the most simple things that work the best :)
It took me a while to figure that out, but better late than never!

egriff

Post by egriff » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 pm

I think all the questions have already been answered by Samcat and Lilchrissy but not sure this was covered so sorry if I am repeating, but someone asked if TEA forms came with the book. They do not, but all you need to do them is a pen and paper. There are examples of TEA forms in the book and all you have to do is make a couple of vertical lines down on the paper so that it is split into three sections one for T, one for E and one for A :)

WW

Post by WW » Wed May 19, 2010 9:42 am

Originally posted by egriff:
Me too bro :)
Also I am relieved to see I posted here last month because the first few posts I replied to today were from November and I didn't think it had been that long but time has been flying so you never know.... Hope all of you are feeling great!

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Originally posted by egriff:
I was late to the party in learning this too :(
Better late than never though!