Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
WW

Post by WW » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:48 am

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to share their experience with the book and TEA forms and all the additional advice. I really liked Julene's
advice about learning to laugh more. Chrissy thanks for staying engaged here and hopefully helping others as much as you have helped me :)
You're the best!

Marcpl

Post by Marcpl » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 am

This is an encouraging thread. I just received this book as a gift last month and have been doing the TEA's for the last three weeks and they are starting to sink in and help me a lot. It is very complimentary to Lucinda's stuff which I did a year and a half ago. This thread gives me hope that I will continue to feel even better in the coming weeks and months thanks.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks for sharing Marcpl. I hope you are continuing to work on your TEA forms and making even greater progress. I still do them just about everyday and they keep me in the right frame of mind and get me out of my head before worry can take hold :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

I have only been doing the TEA exercise for the past couple of weeks and I think I'm starting to get it, but what no one mentions from this book that has already made a drastic difference for me is the Wrist counter exercise. By learning to focus on what I am accomplishing instead of what I have not gotten done I am feeling so much less stressed out and just in a better mood in general. It's hard to believe such a simple exercise like this can change your outlook and mood so fast but it has. I'm hopeful that I'll get the additional benefits everyone mentions from the TEA exercise, but this alone has been a big help and I am feeling more optimistic that I may have found an answer than I have in a while.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:36 am

where did you all find this book? From all the replies it sounds like a good one. :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Karenleigh - You can order Sam Obitz' book on line under his website. You can buy any of David Burns' books at Barnes and Noble.

WW

Post by WW » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:16 am

JR5,
The wrist counter is a great exercise but you really need to keep doing the TEA forms if you want to change the way you process your thoughts, so that it becomes natural to you and prevents the anxiety from coming back. I responded to your other similar posts with a wrist counter suggestion to help with your TEA forms also :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 am

Thx WW. Just so you know I am still doing my TEA's it's just the wrist counter really gave my mood a lift also. Thx again.

JR5

Post by JR5 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:27 am

Karen, it is a really short book that simplifies CBT down to a few simple exercises that are really helpful. The wrist counter is great for lifting your mood and the TEA's are good for managing your anxiety and panic. I'm fairly new to these exercises so you may hear better answers from others but I love the simplicity of the exercises and the results I have been getting so far have been a nice change for me. I got my copy on on the books website <A HREF="http://www.tao3.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tao3.com</A> Take care and best wishes:)

WW

Post by WW » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:56 am

That's good to hear JR5. I think for lasting improvement and replacement of old bad thinking habits it is imperative to keep at the TEA forms. I hope i didn't sound like I was lecturing you and by all means keep doing the counter exercise if it is helpful you feel better. Happy Holidays!