Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Originally posted by egriff:
Originally posted by lilchrissy:
You're welcome. Sometimes it's the most simple things that work the best :)
It took me a while to figure that out, but better late than never!
LOL. I think it takes most of us a while to figure that out :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:11 am

You're welcome. Sometimes it's the most simple things that work the best :)
It took me a while to figure that out, but better late than never![/QUOTE]

I was late to the party in learning this too :(
Better late than never though![/QUOTE]

No doubt! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summer :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:43 pm

thx for the support. I'm doing great, hope all of you are too!

*slimjim

Post by *slimjim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 am

Oh Nuts! I was just working on a decent response when I hit the wrong button and lost all my copy. When here I go again.

Oh, here a quote I read once: I was sad because I had no shoes then I meet a man that had no
FEET!

The following is from Personal Notes I made to myself 2-11-09.

I'm sitting at Jack In The Crack awaiting Max Cannon the creator of a synidicated comic strip called RED MEAT, to show up. But he doesn't. And my negative side goes: See You're just not worth his time. And so the reason I wanted this meeting was to see if he'd be willing to take up the chore of inking in my comic character:
MADAME X INCORPORATED. However since I've been practing with new sized Sharpie black and Brush pens I'm finding that maybe I don't really don't need him to do what I'm finding out I can do myself.

So I think I'm going to continue to ink in her adventures because it makes my happy. And this is a feeling that no drug can top. I've been looking into trying to ink differently since a good friend and colleage suggested that I needed to start experimenting with my line varations. Also too, I needed to do more spotting blacks in my final pieces. And guess what he was right. And now my art looks better and more professional because I was willing to listen to some criticism and then try something new. Another new factor added to MX Inc. is I've taken on an Editor in the name of Rich K. and he's allowed me to see that by slowing down the pace of the action in the comic we could wind up with a better product and since then I've been doing just that and the books, we're on #3 is coming out like gangbusters.

None of this could have occurred before I got through the the program course because I was still stuck in my thinking that I had to be the Lone Ranger to get things done MY WAY! Now I'm not trying to Feed this Hole inside my gut screaming at me to "FEED ME SYMORE, FEED ME!" Anymore!!!
My game plan has totally changed because I've changed! For the better I might say. I'm also in a Business Planning class thats allowing me, not some other business person who saids they can write a terrific Business Plan for 1K. And just give me something that reads like sterio instructions. Nope. I'm writting it so I can understand what I'm doing and why. Before the program I'd be hiding under the covers waiting for someone else to do it. So you see theirs no one who can do what I do or get the job done any wheres near as I can do it. So I'll keep moving in the direction I feel the Good Lord is leading me.
Thanx.

WW

Post by WW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:22 am

Great work Slimjim!
HI to everyone and isn't it great to finally be reaping what we have sewn :)

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:43 am

Originally posted by WW:
Great work Slimjim!
Yes it is and I love rhetorical questions :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:54 am

Originally posted by WW:
Great work Slimjim!
Yes it is and I love rhetorical questions :)
Me too Chrissy. I hope you are well and had a good Thanksgiving because you really deserve good things in your life :)

WW

Post by WW » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:51 pm

:) Thanks and let me know how you guys are doing? Sorry for my absence but all is well here!

lilchrissy

Re: Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Post by lilchrissy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Nice to see everyone is finding their way back to the site again :mrgreen:

JR5

Re: Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Post by JR5 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:05 pm

lilchrissy wrote:Nice to see everyone is finding their way back to the site again :mrgreen:
Just got back. Hope all are well and look forward to catching up with all of you :D