Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:33 pm

From my experience I think you have to keep at the TEA forms even after you are feeling better to get the most out of them and more lasting relief JR5. I spend a few minutes each morning on them to get the day started off right and that's a small investment for the rewards I am receiving in return :)

WW

Post by WW » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:24 am

Chrissy,
I have taken your advice and have made the TEA forms part of my morning routine and they generally help me get my day off to a good start. They usually power me through the day, though I do sometimes encounter things during they day that call for me to counter them some more, but not on most days anymore!

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Fri May 01, 2009 5:59 am

Wow! I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for the replies. JR5 I looked at that site. I don't order alot of stuff off of the internet. Do you think it's really safe? I know it's not alot of money. So I would like to get it. I really need something in addition to this program. My anxiety and depression is still bothering me. Thanks :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon May 18, 2009 5:39 am

My dad's an alcoholic and I think a lot of my anxieties came from growing up in a family situation similar to the author so I totally related to what he was saying and the TEA form exercise has been solid gold for me and I still do them several times a week. I'm not a big reader so I also liked the condensed nature of the book, not wordy and technical at all. I have even re-read it several times which is unusual for me. So I would definitely recommend it if you are willing to do the exercises in it and especially the TEA forms.

JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 am

Wow a lot of people to reply to here, sorry I have not been around much lately. Yes I am doing the TEA forms but not everyday. Maybe I need to make them part of my daily routine like you guys suggest, but I do use them at least two or three times a week and they have helped me quite a bit already.
Karen I buy things on the internet all the time and have not ever had a problem fwiw.
Egrif give the wrist counter exercise a try. It has helped me with my moods a lot.

samcat

Post by samcat » Wed May 27, 2009 5:49 am

What is TEA? I have been able to find very little information on this book. You folks talk about TEA forms and wrist counters--how does this method work?? Is it efective?

honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Thu May 28, 2009 2:20 am

Just recieved the book last Saturday...short and simple...seems to be worth the money. Have not done the wrist counter...like seeing myself rationalize my thoughts on paper. This journey is been so interesting...exciting and can't wait to see where life takes me. :)

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 am

JR5 I have not played with the wrist counters too much yet but do have a counter on my watch so I will give it more of a try, thanks.
TEA forms work great for me and seem to sink even further into my psyche as I continue to use them and I was told that's important samcat.
It is an interesting journey and I am more optimistic than ever with the progress I am making honeydew3. There's something magical about seeing your thoughts both irrational and rational next to each other on paper!

HeatherTh

Post by HeatherTh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:36 am

I really want to get this book and give the TEA form exercise a try because I think this may be what I need to take the next step. However, I went to Amazon and they want over $100 plus shipping for a USED copy! I went to my local used book store but they didn't have it. There must be a cheaper option some of you have found. Thanks for any options you can share.

GirlWisdom

Post by GirlWisdom » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 pm

:)So many good books , so little time. LoL! I'll check out some of these.
'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'
'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.'