Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
LyndaLu

Re: Been There? Done That? DO THIS! by Sam Obitz

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:09 am

WW: I have been on this computer way too much this past week :lol: .
I have been babbling all over the place on the website :lol: .
I ordered the Sam Obitz book, just waiting for it to show up in my mailbox.
It is after 11pm now, so I had better go.
Lynda

egriff

Post by egriff » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

LyndaLu wrote:Hi WW: glad you are back. 8-)

L
I'm glad too :P

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 pm

I just wrote my Sam Obitz book review on one of the other book club subjects ! ( obsessive scary thoughts ).

Anyhow, did a few TEA forms this evening. It will be interesting to see how the whole TEA form thing works for me.

I have never done and CBT except for Lucinda's program. I have never done CBT in person with a psychologist.

I will have to read that David Burns book, I should have ordered that one next, but I ordered The 7 Wonders That

Will Change Your Life instead.

Lynda Lu

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm

WW: You have been posting here since 2007 ! Holy Cow ! Did you do Lucinda's program or did you do
CBT and/or the Sam Obitz book? Hope you had a great Easter.
Lynda

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm

WW is one of the CBT rockstars on here :P

lilchrissy

Post by lilchrissy » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Everyone :)
I'm doing great and appologize that I have not had time to post more. I hope you are achieving great sccess with the TEA forms Lynda. It takes a bit of practice to get good at doing them but once you do I am certain your progress will surprise you :D

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 pm

lilchrissy wrote:Hi Everyone :)
I'm doing great and appologize that I have not had time to post more. I hope you are achieving great sccess with the TEA forms Lynda. It takes a bit of practice to get good at doing them but once you do I am certain your progress will surprise you :D
I wish I could say that I have been doing the TEA Forms but I have been slacking off lately. I am still working on the
program and I am on Session 9 now, but I have not been writing down TEA Forms or negative to postive thoughts like
the program says to do. If one person needs the TEA Forms, it is ME. I am generally a catastrophizer, a worrier and a
way bad negative thinker. Everything came to a "head" this afternoon when I really caught myself in some terribly
negative thoughts about the future. But, I am not going to give up. I am going to finish this program and I will review
the TEA Forms soon. I must have success with these skills or I am never going to make it out of the hole that I am in
right now. And it is a deep hole, it seems, sometimes. Thank you for the postive reinforcement and I am glad that
we are hearing from you again.

Lynda :)

JR5

Post by JR5 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi Lyndalu,
I have not posted in a while but wanted to chime in and give you a little encouragement, like so many here did for me when I was in a place similar to yours now. It takes time and discipline to do the TEA forms everyday, but I am pretty sure that if you can get yourself to that point you will reap great benefits. One suggestion that helped me make them part of my routine was to do them first thing in the morning when I awakened. I keep a notebook and pen on my nightstand and they are as automatic to me now as brushing my teeth and they help me get all those scary thoughts out before they take hold and ruin my days. I hope this helps and please know there is light at the end of the tunnel :mrgreen:

egriff

Post by egriff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

lilchrissy wrote:Hi Everyone :)
Great post as usual Chrissy. How are you? I hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you sonn.

Also where are you WW, I give you a compliment and then you disappear? Come on ;)

Lynda, I hope you have gotten back to the TEA forms? They really work but you have to stay with them to make progress.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:20 am

egriff wrote:
lilchrissy wrote:

Lynda, I hope you have gotten back to the TEA forms? They really work but you have to stay with them to make progress.
I have been lazy and I have not been working on the TEA forms. I have not even been working on the
program recently. I know that this is just a temporary setback in my recovery. I am going to try to not
be so hard on myself like I have in the past and realize that life may take me several steps forward
and then maybe one or two steps backward along the way. There are a lot of things going on in my life
right now and I am dealing with my demons the best that I can with the knowledge and strength that I have.
Stay Strong and God Bless,
Lynda :)