Getting Unstuck- barrier- Book

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
BePositive-Amy

Post by BePositive-Amy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:30 am

I post this in my blogsite I feel I should post it here too.. Here is my comment about the book.

I have recently completed reading a book called “Getting Unstuck: Breaking through your barriers to change.” By Dr. Sidney B. Simon. This book is a great book to read and really help me open my eyes. This book explain about us being or feel stuck and how we can make ourselves unstuck. Also, it explains 8 different kinds of barriers which I will list it here:

Barrier #1 –Self-Esteem
Barrier #2- Alternative
Barrier #3 – Values
Barrier #4- Excuses
Barrier #5- Fear
Barrier #6- Cooperation
Barrier #7- Perfection
Barrier #8- Willpower

It really helps me to see the barrier that could hold me back include fear. Also, other kind of barriers that could lead me to anxiety or fear or any other factors that could create my barrier to willing to make change in myself get through which I didn’t realize them until I read this book. After reading this book I came up with a cycle that could be happening.

Barrier <--> Fear <--> Anxiety <--> Any others (can include depression)

Seem that barrier is the one cause us to be stuck where we are. This book gives some ideas and talk about barrier how we can break through the barrier and make the change.

I often see people who got themselves stuck in anxiety/fear/depression etc end up face a lot of barrier and have hard time to see that they can make some changes in themselves.

This is a book I would recommend to read. If you feel stuck in the situation where you are now read this book. Also, this book does talk about letting go, fear and some relate to anxiety. This book includes several cases to share other people’s experience and stories about the barrier and how they got through it.

Check the book out here
<A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Unstuck-B ... 133&sr=1-3" TARGET=_blank>Book getting unstuck</A>

Last thing I would like share a quotes I got from this book:

“Everyone gets stuck and everyone can get unstuck” page 4

Did anyone have ever read this book? if yes what did you think about it?

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks so much for the book recommendation. I feel like I get stuck sometimes and can't make a needed change. It doesn't always go along with being stuck in anxiety though with me. Does the book talk about how to get unstuck and make changes without it necessarily being linked to anxiety?

BePositive-Amy

Post by BePositive-Amy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:32 am

Well I am sure you feel stuck because of anxiety. I am sure if you try to work to make yourself unstuck it will help your anxiety to reduce!.. Often we feel stuck due to anxiety. We need find ways to overcome our feeling of stuck. So this book can be helpful it wont hurt to check it out

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 am

My anxiety now is at an all time low and haven't been on any meds for 7 months but I see what you're saying. Changes do cause some anxiety to come up and I may be avoiding the changes because I don't want it to come up again. I think I will get the book. I'll do some more work on why I'm avoiding. I see now that this whole lifestyle change program is a work in progress at all times. That's ok with me though- we always end up learning something new about ourselves.