Grieving the Death of a Mother by Harold Ivan Smith

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Velma Brown

Post by Velma Brown » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:13 am

I lost my mother On June 2, 2008. I went for 6 months trying to get over it by myself, but I was unsuccessful. I joined a set free group at my church in Dallas, Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship on Camp Wisdom Rd., Pastor Anthony Evans is the pastor. This session ran from Jan to April. I will graduate on next week Mon. April 20, 2009. I am processing it better. The interaction with others was very healing, and our facilators were good at what they do. One of the qualifications of the facilators is that they have to have had a death of their own and have process their own loss. Death is something everyone goes through in different ways and in different time limits, so don't let anyone rush you through your death process. The only thing that's important is that you are progressing and not standing still. I hope this information help someone else. Expecially those in the area of Dallas. If you are having problems with this give our church a try. It is open to the public.

Velma Brown

Post by Velma Brown » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 am

Ihave two books that I would like to add to the book club. One is "Be All You Can Be! by John C. Maxwell, and "Failing Forward" by John C. Maxwell. Try these books, they are very informative

darlafred

Re: Grieving the Death of a Mother by Harold Ivan Smith

Post by darlafred » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Dinobail and everyone else. I read all your stories. I was 22 when my mom died of cancer at age 62. That was in 1983.
My sister contacted aids in 84 and my sister had kidney cancer one month apart from each other. They both died two month apart from each other in 86. One sister at 42 died on St Patricks day and my other sister died at on Mothers day.
My one sister told me not to cry (the one with aids) she was going to be happy and be with my mother. She had two children 13 1/2 and 15. At the time aids was taboo. But her friends were right there next to them thru out the whole way. In 1993 4th of July, my dad passed at 76 from heart failure, in 2009 my family and I made the decision to pull the plug from my he was 56 and died from lung cancer. I had some newphews pass away from from from suicide in 2000 he was 40 and in a wheelchair from a car accident he was the passenger. My other newphew died in 2003 from an accidental overdose.
My oldes sister died two years ago from ovarian cancer. When I started losing family member after family member I thought got wanted me to take care of the family that this was my purpose in life. In one of the post where her doctor said, I loved a lot of people it made me think. I have been angry for years, not so much anymore, I am always reading self help books. That god for this program. This has helped me. I say a prayer everyday for them. When my oldest sister pasted away I had a cruise to go on the next day people were telling me to go. I got so annoyed. When people do not experience death they do not know. Well just want to say thank you I don't feel alone. 8-)

Goldark9

Re: Grieving the Death of a Mother by Harold Ivan Smith

Post by Goldark9 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm

i lost my mother november 10 of this year and i know how it is to be alone with people. in the home. i ben thru a lot of mental pain in my life. this is the third time in my life my eyes are gray but i have learned much in my life. this time i have people that care about me and I them. if you ever get eyes like this watch out at one time. i lost my feelings all of them happy sad anger joy. i was lost in my self for i think a year. it might of been more are less i know wen i came out of it it felt a lot of time had pasted. i know what to look for in my self now so i never go back there hell would be nice the way i see it.