Inspiration & Change

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
Goober25

Post by Goober25 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 am

My Aunt recently gave me a book titled "The Woman's Book of Confidence" written by Sue Patton Thoele. Each night I read two or three excerpts and they have all touched me, related to me, or reminded me of the direction I want to go in. I recommend this book to those who suffer from lack of confidence, low self esteem, and for those who do not want to make the same mistakes twice. At the end of each passage, there are meditations for Strength and Inspiration.

Hope it can guide someone else out there the way it has guided me. :)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:00 am

This sounds like a good one!
Have you read "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach? It too has a daily reading and helps us focus on gratitude. "What we need is what we have" kind of attitude. It is wonderful.
I am just starting my Discovery Journal which is a companion book...I highly recommend it.
Thanks for the heads up on Woman with Confidence.....:O)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:01 am

Thank you for the recommendations! Let me know how Discovery Journal is and what it elaborates on! I will check out "Simple Abundance" this weekend!

=)

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:18 am

Discovery Journal is wonderful...it helps a person make collages by taking pictures (from magazines, pamphlets, whatever) and identifying yourself in pictures. It's astounding! Surprises me what pictures I choose to express myself...I'm having fun and learning!!!