A New Earth or The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
kittiwake

Post by kittiwake » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks Penu, For all of those good ideas. I truly believe in the mind-body connection and the power of changing the way you think, but have always felt it is a hard thing to pull off. I will try it though - have to. It is good to hear about others who have done it. I particularly like your idea of taking a day off for non-anxiety topic things, as I don't want my identity to be swallowed up in thinking about my problems all the time. Looking at other books outside the program on the same topic I think is helpful because sometimes a different author will explain something in a way that just gets through to you better.

& Twilightstar- thanks for the book recommendtion, I will try that one, too.

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 pm

I am reading A New Earth and find it alot easier than the Power Of Now. Its alot of the same concepts but easier to digest. I find it just peaceful to read.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

MADHU

Post by MADHU » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:04 am

I am also doing A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. I find the book review absolutely immersing and captivating. I feel awakened to all of my senses and I agree with the book. I have been listening to video downloads of the web telecast with Oprah. I intend reading the Power of Now. It is a great book on spirituality and collective consciousness.
Madhumala Madhavan, MD

penu

Post by penu » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Madhu,

I loved the Power Of Now, I can't tell you how it effected me. I can say this I flew for the first time in 15 years. I just returned this week.

This book taught me the importance of being conscious and allowing life to live through me as opposed to me living through life. I felt very peacefull at evey new chapter.