The Bible

Attention book lovers! Have a great book to share or recommend? Post your reviews.
1grits

The Bible

Post by 1grits » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 am

I love to read all types of self-help books, but the BEST book is the Bible. It gives me peace. Jesus is my rock and when I'm down, I cry for help and He hears and heals.

LyndaLu

Re: The Bible

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 am

I just started attending church again in April 2012.
I have not just been attending the church service, but I have been
taking a bible class as well. I am connecting with some of the
people I have met there and I have been included in their
after church brunch activities. I feel that this has been the
best things to happen to me so far this year. I know that the
progress I have made so far will keep me strong through this
coming year and hopefully onto the next.
Stay Strong and God Bless,
Lynda Lu :)

samcat

Post by samcat » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:52 pm

LyndaLu,

You are making progress, my friend. Another great post about your moving along the path toward feeling better. You are doing the right things--keep up the good stuff!!

DolphinG

Post by DolphinG » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Lindalu
I am verry proud of you I have to say that yes this program is going to keep us in our toes and its gonna give us the tools to be able to live a mush better life indeed,but my personal beleive is that without faith and the help of God nothing can be acomplished he is our Rock and we are constantly beeing tempted and tested every single day so we have to have faith in him he will always give us Comfort in times of turbulance.
John 14/27 says
I am leaving you with a gift Piece of mind and heart.
And the piece i give is a gift the world cannot give.
so dont be troubled or afraid.
The word of GOD.
Bless you
Dolphin.

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:06 pm

I would like to thank everyone for their support and prayers.
Thank you for being my friends.
Lynda :)

Grad0507

Post by Grad0507 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:13 pm

I’d highly recommend the Qur’an. I’ll be re-reading it daily in March/April.

Vluppi123

Post by Vluppi123 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:34 am

The old and new testament bible is a great book to read. I'm listening to the program and they mention wishful thinking. Im sure they are not trying to downgrade the bible or God, but its not just wishful thinking. Ive seen god's presence in many ways. Through answered prayers, read bible verses, through other people, a song... serindipidy or gods favoring grace is an awesome spiritual gift. Again the bible is a great book to read, to interpret it as an ancient near eastern text is where to start. Scholar John Walton interprets it with justification. They're are plenty of youtubers also like Inspiring Philosophy that come forth with great info from current scholars on how to interpret the bible seriously, yet not literally. Hope this helps someone out there, lol :)

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:16 pm

Thank you for writing. I am a Christian so I believe God's word is truth and life. Jesus is my Savior and King. I am happy to chat with anyone who needs spiritual healing. I believe Jesus came so we could be set free: saved, healed and delivered!