Lists

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Victoria

Post by Victoria » Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:07 am

Lists, lists and more lists.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Write a list each morning of what you realisticly need to do that day starting with the most important and enclude the estimated time of day to do and the amount of time it may take.
<LI>Check off as the task is completed.
<LI>Write list first thing in the morning or in the evening before.
<LI>Write separate lists of goals for the seven day week, one month and next six months.
<LI>Keep in a organizer or on the fridge.
<LI>Plan rewards for accomplishments.
</UL>
Basic but rewarding. Always focus on what you accomplish and not what you haven't been able to do that day.
- - - - - - - - -
"So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Suffcient for each day is its own . . ." --Ser. on Mt.
Life with purpose and hope is better attained with an accurate road map when followed.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:16 am

I HAVEN'T GOT THE TAPES YET..JUST STARTING OUT...BUT THIS SOUNDS LIKE AWSOME ADVICE. I HAVE DONE THE WRITE DOWN THING FOR NEXT DAY...AND SOMETIMES IT WORKS...OTHER TIMES I WAKE UP FEELING SO GROGGY, IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO GET AWAKE..AND HALF MY DAYS GONE BEFORE I EVEN REMEMBER THAT I MADE A LIST OF THINGS TO DO....PRETTY SILLY HUH
THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION..THOUGH
MAXINE :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 am

:cool: Hi Every body-
I like the idea of having a list . It helps me a lot with things I need to do at home and work and also traveling. Also to make a note to look for something. talk to yall later. Martha

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:11 pm

I was a "listaholic", with no prioritizing! So I did a reverse by making a list of all the ways I WASTE time. This helped me tremendously to cut out unnecessary errands, inconveniences such as always going to my adult children's houses when they could easily come to my house for family gatherings, continuous long phone conversations, reading, and computer time with no time limits!
Wow! What an eyeopener!

NinjaFrodo

Re: this anxiety is hurting my family

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:08 pm

You are a good person, you just have a huge burden of anxiety and many of the people on this site can relate to the pain you are feeling. Unfortunately our problems no matter what they are, they don't just affect ourselves they affect others as well. It isn't our fault that these people get frustrated with us, its just that anxiety itself is very frustrating and its even more frustrating for people who don't understand it. Keep in mind that he is frustrated with your anxiety, not with who you are as a person, those are 2 diffrent things. I am sorry he has threatened to leave you because of it and that really doesn't help you get better does it? Its not all bad though, you can use that negative situation to your benefit and you already are. You see the potential pain and you came here as a way to change that, do you realize how amazing that is?

I know its hard to endure and it might seem even impossible but its possible. You've found the program and in it there is alot of very useful information and guidelines that can help you out. You've already admitted that there is a problem and you are looking for a solution so you are already on that path to overcoming the anxiety condition and you should be proud of yourself for that in itself. Your journey is going to be filled with both progress as well as setbacks, you will have many times where the feelings are just so intense and it gets difficult but its worth pushing forward and is definately alot better than going back to the old ways.

Mike

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”