Lexapro

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Laurandy

Post by Laurandy » Wed May 14, 2003 12:52 am

Any one else use Lexapro, I have been on the medication for a week with the only side effect being a little bit tired , which I welcome since I have not slept in over a month. This is a fast acting anti depressant and I have not cried or felt hopeless in 2 days , no panic attacks either, I actually sat down to write out some bills and could concentrate. For being terrified of medication I think I found one that is going to help me concentate on my tools in this program and focus on my life to get myself better!!!!! Laura
"The past is all thats gone, the future is yet to come, now is forever"

Jim_1

Post by Jim_1 » Wed May 14, 2003 11:48 am

I tried Lexapro but it my me jittery,restless, slightly nauseated, unable to concentrate etc.. I have been on at least 6 drugs since my anxiety started and the only one that helps is Xanax but it makes me tired.
In my case drugs are not the answer. TIME heals all wounds.
"And another thing you should've known from the start. The problems in hand are lighter in heart."
"Little Acorns"
The White Stripes

mk1223

Post by mk1223 » Sat May 17, 2003 4:04 pm

Not to steer the conversation away from medication but in my hellish experience with anxiety and obsessive thinking I have found that running and walking on a treadmill is incredibly helpful. I read somewhere that it releases endorphins which are chemicals that make us feel powerful and strong. Perhaps you might want to combine the medication with running...

mk1223

Post by mk1223 » Sat May 17, 2003 4:20 pm

Not to steer the conversation away from medication but in my hellish experience with anxiety and obsessive thinking I have found that running and walking on a treadmill is incredibly helpful. I read somewhere that it releases endorphins which are chemicals that make us feel powerful and strong. Perhaps you might want to combine the medication with running...

KRISTEN

Post by KRISTEN » Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:44 pm

HI LAURANDY ~
I have been on lexapro for about 6 mos. now and i really think it`s a good med. I hope it`s working well for you ! :D

SHAKRA

Post by SHAKRA » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:08 pm

I have been on Lexapro now for about 3 weeks. Considering where I was about 2 weeks ago, which was frankly in HELL, I feel just about 100% better. I also take Ativan at night. It really helps. I had minor nausea, but nothing at all now.

Michelle
michelle

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:57 am

I too was on lexapro for 5 months and clonazepam.
It also made me tired and lost my sexdrive. My husband told me to get off it. I weened myself off it slowly. The doctor has now put me on effexor. All the side effects scared me so I have not taken it yet. Anyone on effexor for anxiety please post a note.
Desperate!

happynow

Post by happynow » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:07 am

I have not taken these two particular ones. Only Paxil and will be getting on a new one soon. I just wanted to say to please make sure you give it time to work. The side effects went away for me and do for most people. so, you can't judge your meds based on how you feel the first few weeks. That's just your body getting used to it. I'd hate to see people give up without giving it a shot and really liking the change. Although I don't think I want to go back on Paxil (weight gain), it worked great for me. I drove wherever I wanted, I flew to London and took taxi's everywhere by myself! woa! I don't even do those things now. this program has helped me a lot but I've decided to go back on meds.

Wretched mind

Post by Wretched mind » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 pm

im on lexapro,been on it for a month almost.only side effects i feel normally are angry thoughts so to put it.

KRISTEN

Post by KRISTEN » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:42 pm

Wretched: I was just reading your post,Odd you say that it makes you feel angry. Let me know if that progresses or gets better.I have been on lexapro for about five years and although it works well,I have been off of it for about 2 mos. and my anger is gone! I think I just realized it reading your post. I wonder now if it was the meds.? I am normally pretty assertive and aggresive at times so maybe I thought it was just me being me. But im seeing changes now Hmmmmmm.... Let me know how it goes.

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”