Ii'm overcommitted in work, family, you name it, and feel stuck as to how to stop.

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Jazelle

Post by Jazelle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:54 pm

Has anyone felt so overwhelmed that it affected your decision making? I'm, overcommitted & can't seem to find a way out! Truth is, no one is asking asking me to commit, I just do it to myself! Plus, all these projects seem to go on into late night hours!
I'm VERY INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM FOLKS WHO HAVE OVERCOME OR IN THE PROCESS OF THIS ISSUE OF TIME MANAGEMENT. (Managing OURSELVES)

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:30 am

My mantra lately has been "simplify my life". I really don't have that much I must do, yet have a huge to-do list of self-inflicted priorities and makework, none of which tends to budget time to things that are truly priorities (like, finding work, mastering new technologies towards finding work, developing a side business...)

I'm still avoiding the true priorities a bit much, but at least I'm seeing the makework a bit more realistically, and not carrying that around as a weight on my back. Feels good.

Good luck, Jazelle!

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”