A Healthy Distraction

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
feelingbetter01

A Healthy Distraction

Post by feelingbetter01 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 pm

Looking forward to even just one event in my day can mean the difference between obsessing about my schedule or lack thereof and a healthy state of mind. I'm learning that it really doesn't matter what I have planned, it's my attitude toward these "events" that makes the difference. My willingness to beat myself up over the quality of my time is just another unhealthy distraction for maintaining a positive perspective. I have every right to relax and do nothing on days off from work. I have every right to pass on something I simply do not want to do. I will no longer make decisions based in fear. I will especially not fear being home alone with a good book or television show. Knowing where I stand with myself is something I am really learning about. I'm looking forward to getting to know the real me. The me that makes decisions and plans my day on my true personal interests. Let's see about figuring those out.

coachchris

Re: A Healthy Distraction

Post by coachchris » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Love this!! Well done.

LyndaLu

Re: A Healthy Distraction

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Dear feelingbetter:

You are so insightful !
I love what you wrote. Please keep sharing your wisdom with us.

LyndaLu

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”