What makes my anxiety come back...

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
coachchris

What makes my anxiety come back...

Post by coachchris » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:48 pm

Hooray it's Summer! I get so excited! One daughter is home from college and our youngest is a senior in high school. I love having them home and I love the extra friends they bring with them. Summer is so short and I want to pack it full of fun things. 'Hurry, hurry' is what starts playing in my mind. Then, I pile on some new work projects and more 'to dos' and I start to feel my adrenalin build. That is not good! 'Pause...take a breath, slow down, simplify.' I have to really watch my time management or some of the best days of Summer become high adrenalin days and I don't feel good. Vacation is coming up. I promise to slow down and be in the present moment. I am going to pack lightly, cook simply, slow down and take in each moment. I want to feel excitement, not anxiety. I am learning to manage me. If feels good! Have a peace-filled Summer everyone!

Chris StressCenter.com Coach

coachchris

Re: What makes my anxiety come back...

Post by coachchris » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey All,

I am back from vacation. We spent a week at the beach with the family. We left the day after the storm blew through the Stress so it made for an interesting exit. Usually we lose power during heavy storms but we were blessed to have it when so many people didn't. As we headed south through the storm destruction there were lines of cars packing the gas stations throughout the day. We hit several towns where there wasn't any gas at all. By the time we needed to fuel our cars we were just far south enough to get out of the storm front. We had 50 miles left in the tank and it was 104 outside when we pulled into a station in Virginia that had gas. The lines were incredible. Why I share the story is because my former self would have worried and whatifed all afternoon and had everyone else worried too. I was so proud of myself that I under-reacted, stayed present moment, enjoyed being with family and trusted that all would work out. I asked myself: 'what is the worst thing that could happen?' and that kept me positive and incontrol.

Here's to present moment, positive thoughts! I hope you all get to have some fun this Summer and make good memories.

Coach Chris

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”