I have so many questions

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Kevin11

I have so many questions

Post by Kevin11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi to all my name is Kevin, I am 45 years old. I have been suffering with anxiety and depression and lots of stress for the past year. I have constant fear, my mind is just racing I have all the symptoms basically on page 201 of the work book from StressCenter. I have so many body symptoms as well. I am very concerned about what is happening to me. I really have a hard time remembering I am forgeting names and songs that I once knew by heart, this scares me to pieces. I have this constant head ache my sinuses are always plugged. I have had a CAT scan done the doctors said everything looked fine. I even went to a mental health clinic for a week at the hospital they put me on meds, that I have been on for 7 months I am having trouble seeing things at times are blurry. I have trouble concentrating when I am reading something and then forget what I have just read. I have went from a very active life to house bound. I do very little outside of the house,I am totally consumed with my health and all its symptoms that I dont sleep well. I try but have a hard time falling asleep. I am not comfortable in my own home, I have a hard time watching TV, my mind is always racing, I feel like I am in this fog, I want to live again happy and healthy. I am on session 13 I talk to a life coach once a week, but nothing seems to change. I dont know what to do! to get my heath back. nobody understands when I talk about it , I am aking for Help. has anyone gone through this like me. It would help me to know that im not alone with this problem. Has anyone made it back to a normal life or do i just get worse. I would like to be Happy agin, because what Im doing isnt working the meds don't seem to be doing anything. Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Kevin

jthomas

Re: I have so many questions

Post by jthomas » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 am

Hi Kevin,
I wish I had answers for you, but I don't. I can say without a doubt that you are not alone. As far as getting back to a normal happy life, I don't know yet. But, I intend to keep trying. Even if that means making drastic life changes, such as DIVORCE! I hate the idea, but I may have to because I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable with trying to meet others (wife) expectations. There are particular things that I want from life, but my family/home life are preventing me from growing in my own direction.
I am not speaking in general terms as I would not recommend divorce as a "therapy" but more as a life change for ME.
Keep your chin up, know that you are not alone, and be aware that people whom have never experienced anxiety or depression will not, cannot understand you. Stay on these forums! More than likely, you will connect with someone who is experiencing life as you do.

Johnny

THH

Post by THH » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi Kevin,
I have had many of the things you posted about. You are not alone!!! I have worked this program, this is my second time through, I have been amazed at how I have changed many of my thoughts that used to really get me upset. I can recognize my negative thoughts and rethink them in a softer more productive way. It is a life style change and I have to work at it almost daily.
I never took antidepressants, ( I am afraid of medicine!) But I had pretty bad anxiety. I used a little zanax to calm me down from time to time. I knew if medicine could make me calm, I could do that in my own mind and not need the meds. NOT that there is anything wrong with taking things if you need them for certain periods of time under a good Dr.s care.
I would say do all the things like the program says, use your relaxation tape, use your journal and write, post or what ever it takes to get your thoughts together so you can see what your thinking and whether you like this thinking or need to change it. Listen to the tapes and take your time on each lesson so you can see where it may apply to your life.
we are here for you! Keep trying it gets better!!! :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I ditto what THH says. Her advice has always been very helpful for me.

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”