Need some encouragement and insight, please?

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Headed4Atlantic

Post by Headed4Atlantic » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm halfway through week 13 and I'm feeling worse than I have in ages. Had the body symptoms of a panic attack today on a fairly routine drive for me. I was able to manage it within a few minutes, but I've been having more anxious episodes lately than I've had in a very long time. I know a lot of this is because I'm worried about two upcoming trips (travelling is my biggest issue, and I'm flying for the first time in 10 years in September). Also having lots of nightmares recently,so I'm often very tired. Guess I just need input and some encouragement. Sometimes I worry that me feeling more anxious now than before the program means I'm getting worse instead of better. Anybody have experience with this?
Last edited by Headed4Atlantic on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:18 am

I just started week 13 now. I think its very normal to still feel this way. It is a process. Very good on managing your panic in a few mins.!!! Give your self some credit! :)
I see that you are worried about your uncoming trips. That will do it, but use these things as challanges to put your new skills to the test. Give your self permission to feel anxiety. Prepare yourself with books, or somethiing to do to help distract yourself.
Don't push your self so hard when your tired. Be kind to your self.
Keep posting... Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I don't spend too much time on the computer.
Hope something in here helps? :)
It will be alright! :)

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”