TRYING TO BREAK OLD HABITS

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:19 am

I have been following this post since it started and all the words of WISDOM from pecos and others just makes for great advice for everyone.

Thankyou for all the support. It has helped many I'm sure.

God Bless

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:17 am

Hi Karen, I am so appreciative to see that both Mary and Deb support my idea of your having a space of your own to work on this program. It really is important, and they are correct. A place for work reinforces the motivation to actually DO the work when you are there. I have tried to take my journal into the living room to write. Nope. Does not work. I carry it right back to my office and sit down, and the stuff flows. I catch it with my pen and put it on paper. My office represents my comfort zone: I have a large desk, a file cabinet, glass figurines of a moose in a big sombrero, a wise old owl, and a playful cat; books, telephone, printer, fax; and real kitty cats! I take care of two cats who belong to a friend. They live with me. Their beds and toys are all here in my office. While I'm here, they are here. It's kind of a routine. I used to have another dear sweetheart of a cat, he was the best friend imaginable. I keep his toys on my desk, and his picture on my computer screen saver. That way, I still have him with me, too, while I work. I share all this with you to encourage you to create your own comfort zone, and add all the little comforting things that make it just your space. I also want to add my thoughts about our peer group community. I had this same experience in the June group. I wondered where everyone was, because peer posts get very few replies. But the three or four people who regularly responded to my posts were enormous help to me. They have been in the same place with session work, and we've been supportive to each other. I wish more people would have joined in, but they did not. Our little group is now about ready to graduate. I surely did appreciate their help, and will always look for them when I return to the community in future visits.
Last edited by pecos on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 am

I just wanted to tell all of you ladies. How much I appreciate your words of encouragement and inspriration. I have been working on the program and focusing on my family more....That's why I haven't replied. I didn't want you all to think I didn't care. I hope everybody is doing good.
Take-care and God bless :)

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”