trouble knowing when to stop working

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
Unia

Post by Unia » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi,
I have dedicated this summer to learning many things in my profession because of what is coming up in the fall, but my problem always is - I don't know when to stop and when enough work in a day is enough work. It always feels like work load is endless... It stresses me out to the maximum, because I never feel I can rest...
Any advice?
Thank you,
Unia

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:10 pm

I had that problem for awhile and I just had to give myself a "quitting time" because the work will be there tomorrow. And if you wear yourself out and get sick or something, then you won't be able to work at all. . . (this was this winter when everyone was getting colds and flus) so I just would turn off the computer and join the living here at home. LOL

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 am

Lucinda talks about knowing ywhen your body is tired. I am an over-achiever in tasks, etc. and I realized one day tha tI was not paying attention to my body being tired - or I was aware of it and chose ot ignore it! Now when I start to feel tired, I stop. Right then and there. Whatever it is (other than children!) can wait...and (sadly - LOL) will be there later or tomorrow for me to pick back up again!

If you are like I was and CAN'T tell when to stop yet, then I think setting a time limit is a great way to start.

Blessings,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:55 pm

I frequently have that problem also. I too think that picking a "end time" is the best solution. Pick a time to stop and then, well-stop! Work is an important part of life, but it is not the only part and we have to get out and do other things, it is so important. Good luck to you.

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”