Contolling my time not time controlling me!!!

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 am

I am learning about time management. No wonder I have so much anxiety and depression! It's crazy how much I use to try to do in one day(Notice I put use too) I have to keep my eyes looking ahead. I will not dwell in the past. I will do what I can for today. If it's not a life or death situation...I'm not going to beat myself up or talk neg. to myself about it!
I'm learning that I am no good to anyone if I don't take time for ME!! That is so important to understand.
If there is something that has to be done then plan ahead. Don't rush yourself to the point of an anxiety attack and don't put self defeating neg. thoughts in your head! This will only cause you to feel depressed.
We have the choice. Choose to be (feel) in control. I often think about Lucinda saying "this is America guys, the possibilties are endless" so true. Being grateful for living in a country that is free is such a blessing.
Did any of you grow up saying "when I get older or become an adult." I'm going to get out of my parents house and I'm going to do what ever I want!!! What happened?? Where did all those dreams go? Let's keep dreaming and reach our goals! WE really can control our time in the way we want to. If you read this and think yeah right...then wait till you get to session 13. :) :) :) :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

pecos

Post by pecos » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:34 am

Hi Karen!
Well said!
It is so true. I am half way into Session 15, and it is beyond WOW! Every session teaches life skills. Every time I begin the new session I think: Okay, this one's my favorite. But that's because they all work, and are stepping stones to the next session.
So happy to see you are doing well. :)

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey Pecos,
Good to see you again. You should be very proud of yourself. You are almost there!! I will be starting #14 Monday. I feel the same way about the sessions. I can't wait till the next. I now can see why Lucinda says to not skip ahead or go over sessions your not on. It is all stepping stones...like you said. This program is so well thought out and planned. It helps you get stronger and stronger for each session to come. All I can say is Awesome! Lucinda needs to win an award or something for saving and changing thousands of lives!!! :)

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:16 am

This session was an eye opener for me. Looking at where and how I spent my time. It's such a simple exercise and easy to figure out, yet I was surprised at how much time I spent doing things I really didn't want to do, and how little time I spent doing things that would make me feel good. Seeing it all written down made me realize that my life was not very well balanced, and how much of my time was being used to procrastinate. This was a very helpful session as they all have been. The program is very well put together.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Hey Mary,
I'm glad to here that this session helped you too. Are you still on the program? I believe this is life skills also. I think Lucinda talks about that. I hope when I get better. I can share what I have learned with others. I have shared it with my mom and husband, that's about it. Take care...maybe we can talk again soon :)

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:35 pm

karenleigh- I've already gone thru the program. I actually went thru it three times in a row. This program teaches wonderful life skills and has helped me immensely. It sounds like you have a really good understanding of all the lessons and have put a lot of thought into them.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks Mary :)
I know I still have along way to go but I am feeling so much better. When something comes up I no I have my skills to help me. Each time I use them, I get stronger. I'm sure....that is what it's all about(program).
there's a saying I have heard almost all my life. When you go thru something bad in your life."If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger." Alot of times I have wanted to give up but I didn't! and I have always gotten stronger for it.

Take-care and god bless you!

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”