I need advice

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.
good82life

Post by good82life » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:52 pm

I need advice on something. I used to go to the gym and one day that I was there a trainer there said something to me that offended me I was antious at the time so all my defences were down.

Its not that big of a deal but I was going to start to go back to the gym and what I need advive on is should I tell him he offended me. Its been a while and I feel kind of foolish doing it.

Thank you

angela chriss

Post by angela chriss » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 pm

first off, never feel foolish being who u are, if u wanna stand up for yourself, then thats exactly what u should do. dont be embarrassed, he needs to know he needs to be more careful with words. but u know what? part of the program says " no big deal" we cant please everyone, if he said something to offend u. yes he's a jerk but u know what, u dont need someone like that in ur life anyways.. if u need closure, then let it be known, he hurt ur feelings, and u didnt appreciate it, and u would like to be trained by someone else. more than likely he will apologize. and u will move forward. dont let no one or anything hold u back or down.. stand u for yourself. either step up. or walk away..
"when u know better, u do better"

good82life

Post by good82life » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:19 pm

Thank you for the a
dvice

Rucca

Post by Rucca » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Hi Good82life! :)
People can be insensitive. I agree with Angela Chriss in that if he is your trainer I would request a new one. That would send the message strong & clear. If he is not your trainer then I might not say anything. Granted you should stick up for yourself....but also, you shouldn't have to. Fact of the matter is that if he is such a jerk to say something so terribly offensive to you, then your probably only going to feed his ego by bringing it back up. He's more than likely not going to feel any empathy or desire to make true ammends. You can't change other people. I could be wrong because I am anxious too and they say that you tend to let folks walk all over you. But in the same breath I know some things are better to just let lie. You're going to be the bigger person no matter what you decide to do because you were not the one in the wrong. Good luck in whatever you choose. :cool:

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”