Just 12 minutes...

Learn how to bring order back into your life by making reasonable action plans, stop over-scheduling, and become comfortable with asking for help when you need it.

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:33 am

SCDon,

Your last comment really hit the nail on the head; "...If I get out of my own way, I will be a great help to myself". Before this program I didn't realize how much I got in the way of my goals but I am beginning to understand that there is nothing that I can't accomplish. Thanks for that quote. I'm going to write that down and put it up where I can see it everyday.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 am

Today I am two days in to Session Thirteen. The past couple of months have been ripe with events which turned my summer upside down. But I did not venture off this path, and I am much the better for that! Since I began this program I've lost a relationship, learned to deal with the grief of losing two parents in less than a year, lost my favorite ranch pet (he was killed by coyotes in August), another pet was diagnosed with a brain tumor, I lost 40 grand from my retirement savings (economy crisis in September), and am losing a dear friend who is EOL MS. This past week I almost missed my PRESENT MOMENT because of the huge money loss. But I got up every morning and signed on to this community. I listened to my CD's (went back and reviewed 3 and 4, too), ignored my calendar ( :p), read my guidebook, and stayed up to date with my homework. If anyone ever tried to tell me this program didn't work, I'd be sure they were MIA in their own life. What's good about being with me? I am not MIA from my own life. I am here, and available to my aunt, my cousins, my friends, and all my four legged friends.
After reading Carolyn's post, I am penciling in twelve minutes each morning to sit in my yard at my table for one with my positive thoughts.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Pecos...you inspire me so much! you are always so kind and willing to help. I know this isn't the topic but I just had to tell you that.
I'm very sorry to hear of all your losses. I wasn't trying to make light about what you have went thru. I had to come back on the forum and tell you that before I went to bed.
I will be starting session 13 on tuesday if all goes well. I have grown so much...#12 has taught me so much about myself.
Take-care :)

Return to “Session 13 - Time Management: 12 Steps Toward a Balanced Life”