trying to change

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
linz360

Post by linz360 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:05 am

I'm going to make a long story very short. I am 26 years old, and am going through a divorce and filing for bankruptcy. I was hospitilized in August for an eating disorder, and high anxiety and depression. I just learned my son has ADHD, and I am a little stressed out! My anxiety has been pretty high the last couple of weeks, and I am doing everything in my power to deal with it. I know it is because my husband just moved out, and all this change is new and scary. Anyone have any advice? I know I can and will beat this thing, it's just hard right now.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 am

The truth, Linz, is that you have a lot of stuff going on in your life, many of them are major trials one at a time. Listen to the relaxation tape as many times per day as you can, do the course, tell yourself you do have a lot going on, these techniques will make it much easier to cope. Time to go very easy on yourself. You'll feel much better relaxed.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 am

You're definitely going through a lot right now. I am too. Just remember that you feeling anxiety right now is TOTALLY normal. I keep telling myself that and it totally helps.

Hang in there. We're here when you need us.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Dear linz,

You are certianly a strong person. I know you don't feel strong right now, but going through that is rough. I have gone through something simiiar. You WILL make it through this. This the roughest part now. It WILL in time get easier. Remember that in life everything changes. That is the bad news when things are going well........but it is the GOOD NEWS when things are going badly. THEY WILL CHANGE. It is a good thing they discovered what they did for your son. In the long run, this will make things easier for you and him. You are wise to know that you will beat this thing........for you are RIGHT!!

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”