no confidence

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
aj85

Post by aj85 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:32 am

I feel as if my secondary gains are that if I hang on to my anxiety/agraphobia I can stay in my comfort zone.. I won't have to go places that make me uncomfortable...I won't have to meet new people that I'll potentially embarass my self in front of..etc.. Also the fear(panic) and discomfort from trying to break this never ending cycle seems too scary too do...at times I feel confident...but as soon as the smallest thing happens (ex. don't feel too good in the morning)..I go into negative mode..Also..im not sure if others feel this way...but I have no confidence or don't trust the new skills I have learnt..I know these skills are the key to freedom...but being the pestimistic person that I am I don't trust them...i don't feel like they would work for me when feeling anxiety...

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 am

The program didn't invent these skills. They've been around as long as people have. The program is a guide, and each session allows you to embark on a new journey where you take all the skills you've learned up to that point, and use them, along with new ones. When you finish the program, it's helpful to rest a few weeks, and then go back and start over to reinforce the skills. No magic here, just old tools put together in a new way, so that you have skills which you carry with you -- in your mind -- for the rest of your life. You can do it. Give yourself a bit more trust (in yourself).

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”