I don't want to be stuck anymore.

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:14 pm

My anxiety is keeping me stuck. My fear of change is keeping me stuck. I want to face my fears and move to the other side of them. I don't want to be stuck anymore!

So, now that I'm facing them, I'm even more anxious, but hopefully once I get through the change, I'll be okay.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:42 pm

I completely understand! It is so hard to face "me" and has caused me to be more anxious and because I'm being aware, I am able to see what I was doing to myself and then I became more anxious because I know what I was doing. Circular thinking!

I've also slipped into victim thinking, why me? Why do I do this to myself? And on and on...focusing on the lack...what I don't have, what I don't want to be.

Something that has helped me is the 6 steps. Acknowledge that I'm feeling anxious and am in circular thinking. I accept myself where I am and that helps me not to resist. Tell myself it's ok because its a bad habit and I'm working on myself and getting better. I've also stated what I want be. I'm strong, I'm independent, I'm stable, etc.

When I was in the stuck stage, I never felt like it would end. It does and you too will move past it.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:32 am

Just keep saying to your self throughout the day morning and night. "I'm not afraid of panic attacks. I'm not afraid of death. I'm not afraid of losing control. I'm not afraid of change. It'll take time to change and that's ok. It's for the best.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks for the post. I do the same thing. Luv Cats post gives me hope.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 am

In addition to those affirmations say, "I'm not afraid of change." "Change is good." You go, girl!!

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”