Is anyone on session 12?

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:04 am

I started #12 yesterday. It's been really hard for me. I feel real down. I'm trying not to think negative but it's hard. It's hard for me to accept the fact that I caused all of this.
I know I have the "secondary gains". I just can't believe that's me!
Does anybody else feel this way or are you on this session? I would really like to hear from someone who is on this session.
I'm trying to stay strong for my family but...I just feel like giving in to the depression.
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:05 am

I begin Session 12 tomorrow. Actually, one of the objectives of Session 11 took me right into secondary gain material, and I posted that earlier today. If you read that post, it might help you look at Session 12 in a different light. Please don't give in to depression. I've been twelve weeks getting out of depression, and it really feels better here. Stay in touch here. I'll have more understanding of 12 tomorrow.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:16 am

Also, Karen, this session is not about an open door for judgement of any kind. None of us realizes we are responsible for this behavior until we learn that. You always embrace each and every part of yourself. The desireable and the undesireable. That's where healing takes place. None of this is intentional, plus, and this is very important to remember, we are born predisposed to this condition. It is definitely genetic. See yourself as a small child. Would you beat that child up? I don't think so. Embrace her. Embrace you and move on to the next step.

Everyone has secondary gains for doing what they do. When you wake up to them you can change them. If you are asleep to them there is nothing you can do. Just be grateful you are now awake to them. It takes time to change. Be patient with your progress. Embrace and encourage yourself every single step of the way.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 am

You know I wish I was on session 12 I am only on session 2. Tell me, how do you feel since you have come so far?

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Thank you for your post. It really means alot to me. Pecos...I'm so glad to hear someone else is on the same session. It gets lonely sometimes...thinking your the only one on here feeling a certain way. I hope more of you will speak out...if your on this session. I believe we gain strength from each other.

DaDutchess...all I can say is..get ready for some changes. Especially the way you think about things. I can only speak for myself. There are times when I'm so exited about what I read. I believe knoweledge is power. There will be times (like I'm in right now) where it will get hard or frustrating but knowing I have this on-line community helps so much. There are so maney times where I coulld'nt talk to anyone at home about my situation but...I could come on here and talk about it. Most everybody has the same issues so I don't feel alone like I did before. Hope that helps.
Good-luck on your journey to recovery :)

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:36 am

I decided to listen to the CD last night, and watched the DVD, also. So, I am officially on Session 12, too. I'm big into my homework, and if you want to share homework stuff, I can do the same. Carolyn had a great post from last year, and I just read it. It is in the Session 11 forum. Skip back and read it if you have time. See you here later.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:27 pm

Karen,
How about turning that totally around? Instead of dwelling on the fact that we may have resisted change and/or leaned toward the secondary gains in the past or perhaps still are now - go for the title of the session - THE COURAGE TO CHANGE.
When I got to that session, I chose to think of it in this way: I HAVE THE COURAGE TO CHANGE.
I bought the program, I'm working on it and I'm making progress with the changes. WOW, I'm proud of myself! So yeah, I was stuck with the anxiety for years and years and it was a choice, BUT NOT ANY MORE!!! I'm changing that!
I love that session now. It reminds me of the courage it took for me to really work on this program, complete it and then keep practicing the skills over and over.
When you start beating yourself up that way
TURN IT AROUND. We can find the positives or we can find the negatives. Look for the positives.

Hang in there. Go easy on yourself.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”