Thank God I had the courage to change, my dear hubby just passed away

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
cindylou

Post by cindylou » Sat May 23, 2009 3:38 pm

Truly, I thank God for this program and that I had the courage to change.
My wonderful, loving husband died this past Monday, suddenly of a massive heart attack.
He IS the love of my life, the support of my family, my best friend, and the most generous, faith filled person I have ever known.
I know that we will all make it through this stressful, grieving time,( many times a day I pray for this and trust it to be true) and I also know that having completed this program a couple of years ago was a tremendous gift from God and is helping all of us.
At times, many times a day, I still expect my love to come walking through the door or to call me to say hello and chat and probably will continue to do this for quite some time. I cry a lot and talk to God and also to my hubby and give the kids a zillion hugs a day.
I miss him so much it physically makes my stomach hurt and my heart ache, but I'm OK..
I know, this too shall pass - the pain, and my beautiful memories will carry on, as will my love for this most amazing man.
I was so blessed to have my time with my husband and have so many comforting, happy memories.
Again, thank God I had the courage to change and that my coping skills are 100% better than they were a few years ago.
I have hope and I feel very loved even though my heart feels broken and my home is much too quiet right now.

Hugs to all.

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2009 3:58 pm

That is beautiful, Cindylou!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful love story.

I do know that your heart is breaking. And I say a silent prayer for you.

However. Yours is a story of enduring faithfulness. Those memories will never die as you have said.

You, yourself, are a shining example to others.

God bless you!!!
MJ

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Sat May 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi MJ,
Thanks so much, that was like a nice hug to me.
Cindylou

Deener

Post by Deener » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Cindylou..that is a beautiful story, and it actaully gave me comfort knowing that I have the strength that you have because of the program. God bless you and best wishes.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”