Need a little bit of HELP

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
DannyC

Need a little bit of HELP

Post by DannyC » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Do you have the courage to change and the wisdom to know what secondary gains are?

Staying anxious and depressed, I get it. I get the idea of gaining something out of being negative. And I am not in denial that I am not gaining anything, I'm just having a hard time thinking of what it is I am gaining.

All comments questions and suggestions are welcome.
Danny C.

Movinginfaith

Re: Need a little bit of HELP

Post by Movinginfaith » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 pm

I agree; I find this difficult. I realize that I am avoiding social situations and other things, but I don't think that is something "I am getting out of my anxiety". For some reason, I feel like my anxiety has been worse the last few days and I thought by week 12 it would get easier. I went through this program back in my 20s without meds, but now I am taking anti-anxiety meds twice a day due to death and illness in my family. I think the biggest thing I don't get out of this, is that I am having trouble dealing with normal activity when my "safe" person is not at home - or any of my "safe" people. How are you doing?

DannyC

Post by DannyC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:38 am

Hey MovinginFaith,

I'm doing good how about you?
Danny C.

coachjanine

Post by coachjanine » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:45 am

Hi Danny and Moving Faith. This is coach Janine. If you cannot figure out what it is that you are getting out of your anxiety, it is OK. Sometimes we use anxiety as an excuse "not to", that is, avoiding doing the things we may like but are afraid to take chances. As Lucinda says, we get comfortable being uncomfortable.

Janine

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”