BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Lesson 12

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
Paisleegreen

Re: BUILDING A BETTER LIFE... Lesson 12

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 pm

You're right, THH!
Well, I was able to discuss the mountain lake get away with DH. It might be that I get the condo from M-Friday until the other friends show up for the weekend. I decided that this is better than no time at all at the lake. I also realize that maybe none of my adult children will show up or Grandchildren, two little one. So I'm preparing for the "worst" and hoping for the best. There is really no loss in this situation and even my husband might make it and if he snores, I'll go sleep on the couch. He might not be there the whole time.

I also have been thinking about the memories that will be brought up, of my late son as well as my other children and the good times we had there in years past. We've only had a few times using this condo, so they were precious moments. And we felt very lucky to have the good times there.

So I'm feeling more secure in that the time I get there will be enough, and it isn't like I'll never have this opportunity again or that I can't stay in a hotel either. This place is more secluded and yet in walking distance of the State Park and its ammenities. Hotels/cabin rentals all have their advantages as well, but the cost of this deal is super and it has much to offer. ;)

One good thing happened yesterday, I discovered a leaking irrigation pipe to our sprinkling system. DS 20 year old, was ignoring it or making it sound like he can't find a broken pipe, the truth is that he is more interested in girls and fixing up his old pick up truck. ;) So I noticed that some water was flowing into a hole and that didn't right and that our sprinklers water pressure was low. Anyway, DH uncovered the leaking pipe, but had to go through a lot of weeds and stuff to get to it. so he is my hero and DS admitted to him he knew about it.

So with this knowledge, the pipe should get fixed I hope today or tomorrow, and that will elliminate a lot of work of moving sprinklers on a hose around my property. As this will connect to sprinklers in our front yard that weren't working before. Yippee! I just hope that the pipe does get fixed soon! Its hot out there! Paislee :mrgreen:

Frances2

Post by Frances2 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Lesson 12, I am 80 years old and working on this Session and I have never felt so good in all my life. I have accomplished all my feels but one driving to my sons home which is a two hour drive and I am notg concerned about that. I really think what has really helped me through this program is being a Christian. I had a lot of anger and grew in a angery home and when I divorced after 37 years, and the only eason I stayed in that unhealty marriage, I was a afraid of bing alone, and retiring from Real Estate after 29 years. I carried a lot of anger but I worked on it. I took a course in Scottsdale from Dr. Lawrence, he was a minister for l5 years and then started the counselling. He knew I had a lot of anger, so he told me everybody I was carring anger or bitterness to phone them and say this if Nancy and the reason I am calling you isthat I have had some emotional problems and the Lord has revelled to me, Would you pleas forgive for the bitterness I had towards you, and you dont mention anything, if they ask you just say it was my attitude and you can say that 3times. I phone 45 people, and never had one negative response and I went to my Ex and told him I fogive him, we both made mistakes and I hope all the best for him and myself. So that was a closure. So through this program I had other things I had to work on and I am so glad I have taken this program. I remember I used to have several aches and pains and took all kinds of pain pill. I have not aches or pains, no arthritis. I jsut had eye surgery In june on both eyes and my eyesight is beautiful now. And this Session l2- Courage to change and I am going to change, I dont want to live the other way anymore and I thank God. And now when there is anything that I cannot control I turn it over to God. LET GO AND LET GOD. Nancy Building a New Life. God Bless.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi Frances--That is a nice experience you have told us about. That is pretty amazing that you called all those people. Wow!
Congratulations! Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”