Need Help

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
FMB100

Need Help

Post by FMB100 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:24 am

This session has been tough because I am noticing the secondary gains and symptoms I am staring to get from anxiety. I notice how nervous I am gettig just by even the thought of a new job or career even though I think it may be good for me. I am starting to wonder what if it doesn't work out or what if my current employer finds out.

I also want to meet new people but notice decision making anxiety as to how aggressive I should be as if I'm to aggressive in trying to meet new people, I wil scare them away.

The one thing I need the most help with is this. For some reason I have this thought that my blood pressure will always be higher in my house than my girlfriends. As a result when I take my pressure here, my first reading is an anxiety reading while in my grilfriends house, my numbers are much better. My doctor has taken every test and didn't find anything,. Is there a secondary gain I could be getting from somehow not trying to be calm when I'm home and/or is there a way I can be calm or not think so much when taking my blood pressure at home that I can get good readings, even on my first one.

Thanks in advance.

Paisleegreen

Re: Need Help

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:03 am

Do you have to take your blood pressure? You are probably more relaxed at your girlfriend's house. Part of reducing anxiety is socializing with those we care about and whom care about us. They help us to laugh and talk, which helps our feelings of well being and lowers our blood pressure. Just like the movie of Dr Patch Adams and others that have discovered that by laughing or watching funny movies patients have felt better and even cured them selves of diseases.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”