The Challenge...Lesson 12

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
Paisleegreen

Re: The Challenge...Lesson 12

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi THH-I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. But understand it all too well. I've lost a 2 sis in laws, mother in law, niece in law, and Aunts and Uncles in laws, to cancer of different types. Luckily I didn't have to lose my brother to leukemia. So I know how are it is. You hand in there, we'll be here.

Refresh my memory on your last statement of having to hear something from someone else that you told some one else or maybe I'll go back and copy it. LOL!
"It really is very frustrating to be told things that you just told another person. Keeping things in perspective is very challenging and especially when two people are on the same page and you are on a different one! Its best to take care of yourself. My husband has a cowboy poem that I liked, one line in it is " don't give aid to situations you ain't made" I try to think about it when I get caught in it!"

Code: Select all

Funny, I try to just copy the above sentences and it copies the whole posting! Ugh. Plus I don't know what this code is going to do.  :lol:  

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Well, I found out the code just makes it turn into a light small font print! Ugh! :| Never a dull moment around this website! :roll:

THH

Post by THH » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi gang, Yes, my cousin passed away at 5:00 am Friday am. :|
I have to go to calling hours Sunday, maybe funeral Monday. It will be hard as anyone who has lost someone knows. The hardest thing will be for me to not try and fix things to take away their pain, and to see people in pain ( heartbreak) I do have my faith, and I do believe she is in a much better place, so I'm sure I will be alright. ( besides I have my zanax if needed!) lol...

Just thought I would leave a up date.

Thanks everyone for your support! ;)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:44 pm

THH
I'm really sorry that your cousin past away. I feel bad both for you and your family as it must have been really difficult, the whole thing since she developed cancer. She did get to spend time with her boys before she went which was good because I do remember them being afraid of visiting her at that hospice. Her body is what died, not her. The vessel that held her spirit could no longer accomodate it and so it had to let go. This is how I see it. You didn't really lose your cousin and you never will, its just the body. I'm sure she'll be sticking around, watching over and influencing the lives of the ones she loves in myserious ways. Along with the sadness and grief would you say there was a feeling of relief there as well? I mean i'm sure it must have been hard to watch a loved one go through such mental changes because of the tumor(s) in her brain.

I also feel a little bad about myself too as I said I was going to focus on sending her good energy on a daily basis but didn't have it in me to do so. I am personalizing it and it is a good lesson that shows me that I'm really not able to help people in that way right now as well as really help give advice to people who share their problems with me. I don't have it in me to give genuine help right now nor do I have it in me to try and take care of myself at the same time. We do what we can.

As for the story well I had forgotten what I wrote and so I had to reread it. My feelings are diffrent as well as some of my behaviors. Back then I would focus on those issues on a daily basis and feel all angry and worthless constantly. I put alot of passion into that post, I actually felt alot of that as I was writing but I don't think i'm as passionately angry at my past as I used to be. I also do not feel as stressed. Thinking about time management in accordance to what I posted in there about working 3 jobs and about spending 14 hours a day on the computer, I think it is very evident why I was very stressed. I pushed myself even worse back then, then I do now. But i'm more relaxed now and I don't run away from my problems as much as I did. I'm not the same person I was when I posted that post, not even close.

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Mike,
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. There is relief in there on my part. I've been around enough to know when the quality of life is gone, also I am so happy she was at home with loved ones all around, hospice was there, in her own place with her own stuff. I thought about this and it is a honor to be loved and prayed for by so many. You did very good at sending her healing thoughts, it helped her be able to come home and be with her kids and other family and to have a smooth passing. I feel very much like you with her still being around. I'll post about how I do after tomorrow.
Also, I may add, yes... DO NOT MAKE IT PERSONAL!!! You have great advise, you have great in site, by committing to send positive messages daily is a tall order!( High expectations) Just one time is wonderful and it shows your heart is in the right place, we can only do what we can, its up to our creator- The I AM gets the final say! :D

I think you sound way different then from that post I read from when you started! We are all working on it, the best is yet to come! ;)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Ah, THH--You have a good day tomorrow and the next. We're thinking about you and sending prayers your way. Yes, I'm sure your cousin is going to be hovering around to comfort those who mourn. Hugs sent your way...Paislee

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:46 am

THH I am sorry to hear about your cousin. It is very painful to see someone so sick and very sad. I too lost a cousin back in november to cancer she was 46 yrs old her mothere is not coping too well. She has anxiety issues and can't stay alone. I hate dying but it is a part of living. I stick my head in the sand and refuse to think about things not a good choice. any whooo will be thinking of you and sending up prayers for you and the family

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 pm

THH
Your right and very nicely said! I'll let go of that thought and your right, I was thinking of it in an all or nothing way of thinking.

Actually that post wasn't when I started...That was 4 years already into the program. They have already deleted posts from when I started. I think posts go up until 2006 but yes I am much much diffrent and I think I found the main reason why i haven't been able to move on...its the time management, or more specifically placing too much on my plate and not taking days off to rest. I believe it is the reason why I was still feeling very overwhelmed even after all the things I was doing and still feeling very anxious and dissatisfied with my efforts involving the self-help. I'm also believe that my state of health has been poor as a way for my subconscious to get me to stop pushing myself so now I'm going to let my consciousness deal with the problem so I can get rid of these health issues. I was about to try diffrent medication to help me with the anxiety but now learning about the time management stuff I think, "How can any pill take away my need to overload myself which in turn overwhelms myself?" Pills can't take away rational negativity and yes my body was responding in a very rational way and I just wasn't paying attention.

I actually feel much more relaxed now a days and things are alot diffrent. The last week its mostly been interesting with working on my activities I plan during the day. One day I'd push myself too hard and then have to take the rest of the day off as well as the next day and then I'd be able to do more the next day but then I got overwhelmed by trying to help my friend and took the next day off and then took it easy today for most of it and went to the gym and started to get a bit overwhelmed and just stopped...I am becoming a little more tolerable to stress each day and alot more relaxed, its pretty cool! I also seeing myself in a more loving light as opposed to hating myself because I wasn't listening to my feelings which were telling me that I need to stop and take a break. I'm alot more hopeful and I'm able to smile more wholeheartedly instead of akwardly or forced which is pretty cool. That friend who I went to visit to help him out even said I looked cuter, something about me was more attractive. Maybe he was feeling the positive energy I'm putting out just from taking care of myself.

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:05 pm

Here is a video which I found on youtube which was pretty amazing and had me saying "I can't believe she just said that". It makes alot of sense and has alot of "Mike moments". The questions are very good. Its about emotional healing, here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzc8dOQsqG0- Secret Law of Attraction Explained: Emotional Healing Workshop

THH
For a long time I have been intrested in how you replace thoughts, how one of your thought replacement sessions go. Would you mind giving some examples of thoughts and replacements?

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Hello everyone! I'm back! ;)
Thank you Paislee, Forever Young, and Mike for your thoughts and prayers!

The whole thing was a tough deal. I feel drained and had a wild couple days. On Sunday we went 1:45 trip to calling hours. I was pretty nervous but knew I had to do it. I did pretty good. There were alot of people who I have not seen for several years and that was a good distraction for me. In the mean time my sister found a new job and had to start training on Monday. She was nervous about both things. Her training is very close where we went to calling hours. The trip had me & my husband and my sister and dear mother in the back seat! LOL... It was pretty good. ( mom took zanax....lol....)
When we got home I discovered I left my purse!!!! Check book, cc cards, drivers license everything! OK no big deal I will get it Monday! Monday am flood city! My mother called me, she lives in a trailer (park 55 plus ) and a man was there with a boat to rescue her and her cat!!! She wanted to know weather to get in or not????? OMG :shock: Needless to say I could not go to the funeral nor could she. My husband went to work and my sister started her new job. About 2:00Pm the water subsided and mom could go home. Not much damage considering what it could have been. It ripped some skirting up and left garbage everywhere but that is doable. Now started the guilt! I missed the funeral. Cousins and Aunts & Uncles came from other states and I live in the same one and could not go. Then came to the purse issue and how can I make a connection with someone to get it.
Short version, I got my purse, only drove 45 mins. there and back but its all over. I can start to get over all of it. :D
I didn't eat right, sleep right, at times think right and I can certainly tell the difference. I started with a good meal today.
I woke up with my stomach hurting, I knew my IBS was kicking up. I went right to my relaxation and breathing and it helped 90%. I knew if necessary I had my xanax but I was able to control it with my mind.
Many times I was cornered by people telling me all their problems, and felt many times light headed where I stuck close to the wall, or sat down. It is amazing to feel these symptoms, recognize them and float with them. They really do pass though it is a challenge. I made it though...better than I would have done a year ago. I may of not even went last year. :D

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”