The Challenge...Lesson 12

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
THH

Re: The Challenge...Lesson 12

Post by THH » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Mike!
You caught me!!! LOLOLOL.....
I am just in a funk and need some sun and warm temps to help me get excited about doing something different.
This is what I do! I do understand, At times I can't seam to help myself! LOL... IN A RUT!

It feels GREAT! April will be a year. I really have more peace, have enjoyed more days, have gotten to know myself better, been more positive, I'm more assertive, I'm doing well. Always learning....

THH

Post by THH » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Mike,
Thank you for explaining that better to me as well. I get it. I would like to start another assertive practice some time, it does help me. Their secondary gain does make sense as you so nicely worded it. Thanks for that too! :D

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:01 am

THH
I admire you. I hope to be like you in the way of using the skills on a regular basis.

Your welcome and we could do another assertiveness practice...it has been awhile and I could use the practice too. Well maybe not too long since that one guy who was annoying me on msn...but still it would help.

Mike

THH

Post by THH » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Mike,
No I admire you! LOL... :mrgreen:
" I get knocked down, but I get up again"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oRLXQJqXdM

We gotta keep using these skills, there is no other way forward!

Lets start a assertive practice. Again!

Hope Karen finds us, and others as well. See you on lesson 13!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

THH
Alright then we can admire each other for diffrent things then! Hows that for a plan?

Such a great video, thank you for posting it. I liked all the montage videoclips of people getting hit to the ground it was pretty entertaining!

Sure we can do it in lesson 13 thread if you want. I'll let you start it off.

I hope they do come back especially when they had mentioned before in the past their appreciation of the challenge posts and how much benefit they got out of it. Well anything is possible. We could even have more of the passive people that have been reading the challenge threads come forth and start posting. Whatever happens, we keep going! I want to get over this condition, I don't want to miss out on the great things in life any longer!

Mike

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi ALL :D I'm sort of caught up on here. :) THH-I'm sorry that you had to be your mother's mother. That is how it is with my sister and her DD who my parents raised. So it is very frustrating to her to get advice from someone that never mothered or can keep herself or house in order. My younger sisters would have to be my nieces, since they are closer in age than my sisters.
So it has been interesting growing up.

That's funny about your Dad and you just spitting on your owie, and calling it good. My father was more my nurturer, because he was calmer and was home before my Mom came home. He was the one that taught me how to swim, change a tire, and other things. My Mom was exhausted when she came home and then would take a nap, then get up to fix dinner unless an older sibling cooked or I did. I did the housework as well. I did get paid for it though.

CJ- I have to work on positive self-talk as well. Sometimes I'm good at it, but lately, of course, I've slacked off and really need it. Ugh. I need to go back and read more of your posting. I had phone call interrupt my thoughts. :?

Mike--I like the idea of working on assertive training as well. Thanks for all you do! :D Paislee :mrgreen:

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Your welcome paisleegreen.

Oh and THH, here is the original assertiveness practice thread
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=21594

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:26 pm

By the way if you are intrested in my story I had created a thread about it in 2008 which is still around.

Here is the thread;
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 63&t=15426started in 2004...4 years later i am fully ready to do it!!!

I thought I was ready and I even believed I was...but it didn't seem like I really was.

Mike

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Hey, Mike, I read you story that wrote in 2008. You told it very well, even though it is a sad story. You learned a lot about yourself in the past years. And now you are good at helping others. Paislee :)

THH

Post by THH » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Oh wow, lots to read before i really make a post. My cousin is getting ready to check out of this world, so I may need a few extra days to get caught up. She did really well at home, got to be with her 2 boys almost a month! This was extra time to get all in order. This will be very hard on her parents and her kids, but I know they will do well once the grief lessons, and maybe they will feel relief, and be comforted with peace.

Mike I read your story, wow! You did a great job with your post. It is sad as when we are so young we are never really equipped with the guidance to handle life on our own. As we have learned in the perfect world there would have been 100's of safety nets everywhere that could have caught you and helped you all along the way. As it turns out and many times does, is that there are not the safety nets we think should be there. Something is there though as we survive somehow. I think when we get older we look back and go over everything. I believe in destiny. I believe that our creator knows where we are going and puts people and opportunity in our lives. We grow in spite of opposition.
You have something inside of you that has thrust you forward and you have shared your personal journey. I personally think it is great for other people to read and see the hope and inspiration that you have used to help yourself grow!!! Do you feel differently than you did back at the time you wrote that post?

Paislee,
Aren't fathers the best!!! I know I will be so lost with out mine, even though he is someone I now have to care for, I feel it is a honor to care for him. Not a burden. I love my mom too, though it is so much harder to be with her. Lucky my sister is so close with her, that helps me cope better.
It really is very frustrating to be told things that you just told another person. Keeping things in perspective is very challenging and especially when two people are on the same page and you are on a different one! Its best to take care of yourself. My husband has a cowboy poem that I liked, one line in it is " don't give aid to situations you ain't made" I try to think about it when I get caught in it!

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”