BLOCKING THOSE NASTY PEOPLE OUT

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:50 pm

As people yell at me, direct their anger at me that should be at someone else or another situation. I tend to find myself....not listening, or turning the volume down of their voices. I say in my mind over and over "Its there problem, its not directed at you" until I feel calm and not threatened. I find it works but it needs constant powering up all the time.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:44 pm

:D I agree with you whole heartedly. As I started to feel better with this program, I have decided to cut negative people out of my life and it's made a world of difference.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Nicely put. I'm noticing this as well.

I actually had this one friend who came to my birthday party and met some of my other friends. He then invited those friends and not me to a big party he was having and lied about it. I tried to phone him but he didn't pick up and I hadn't really talked to him since. He then tries to invite me to his birthday party and tries to excuse all the things he did and tried to twist stuff basically saying that I'm taking things too personally and that i'm twisting things up. So basically saying my anxiety is what is making me feel the way I do and I just stopped responding to his text messages. He sent about 10 of them and a voice message trying to get me to go. I'm starting to cut out these people but I kinda feel bad for rejecting them. I feel good that I am respecting myself though.

Mike

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”