Boys

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am

I really wanna change this about me-

Whenever I really like a guy, I get depressed. And the reason is because I fall for them really hard and my life revolves around them and all my happiness revolves around them. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I think hey, that boy is there to make me happy. But in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, what if he's not around forever? What if he leaves? Then I'll be lonely. I have friends and a great family, but for some reason, I get so attached to a guy when I like them that that's all that makes me completely happy, and I see that as relatively unhealthy. I also get immense anxiety when I'm away from them for a period of time and depressed. How can I change this, and be happy on my own, in my own life?

Dominick

Post by Dominick » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:12 pm

I know this is not the same thing but I have a somewhat similar story. Before the anxiety program I was always looking towards my wife to make my anxiety go away and keep me happy at the sametime and in my mind that would make my life better. Truth is, I was still depressed and it was getting worse.When I reached session 3 positive self talk it taught me that the only person who could make me feel better was myself. I started talking to myself in a positive way and it put me back in control of my life not anyone else. You have to believe deep down inside that you are that person that can make yourself happy.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

Katie Lee, I don't know if the 18 added to your name is your age, but if it is, this is normal. This happens to young people as they grow up and learn about life. Just like what Dominick wrote, is that the more you can focus on improving yourself, your core values, and developing your talents and what brings you joy and happiness, the better you will be for a future husband and children later if that is what you would like to do.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”