Why am I feeling depressed?

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
Katie_Lee18

Post by Katie_Lee18 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:53 am

Not only do I feel anxious lately, but I've also gotten really depressed, and I don't know why. I was taking prozac for 2 years and got off it for these past couple weeks. Is that the reason? I'm still taking lorazepam twice a day for when I feel anxious, but I feel depressed too. What should I do?

grandma loves arielle

Post by grandma loves arielle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:58 am

the same thing happened to my cousin.It is from getting off medication.You should tell your Doctor whats going on.Did you wean off slowly? Lorazepam will not help depression,it can actually cause it although its great for anxiety.

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Don't get depressed when your problems arise. If you are worry about stress, then take antidepressant. I have taken generic eskalith for the treatment of depressive disorder. Hope to feel better for this medication.

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:23 pm

if you go off a medication it will likely revert you back to what you were like before being on the medication unless you have made changes to how you think and behave. Pills only encourage your brain to create certain chemicals but once you stop then so does that effect.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

mjcreate

Post by mjcreate » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 pm

hi, all - i was wondering if any of you are really into daily excercise ? - i think perhaps that if we are diligent with daily swimming, walking, running, racketball, etc., well, i think this can do for us what drugs/medicine might do, but much, much better ! - i know it's easy to take pills, but there is a huge, positive payoff from the efforts put out from daily physical exercise ! - you just kind of feel stress free to a great degree and much happier when you get outside , or in a gymn with other people, and "run it off" ! ! - take good care, mjcreate

psb

Post by psb » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:50 pm

i agree exercise helps but for some of us its so hard to get started doing it..
psb

creamcheese

Post by creamcheese » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Best thing is to inform your doctor that your antidepressant is not working. Let him decide.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 am

Good Comments, so how are you doing now, Katie Lee?

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”