heart skipping beats

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
chrissyfree

Post by chrissyfree » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:04 am

Hello everyone, I was hoping for some answers as to what is a good way as to prevent your heart from skipping beats. Recently i had an incident while working when all of a sudden my former client walked through the door and immediately i saw him my heart rate went from 0 to 8 in a matter of seconds which got my hands trembeling...this event has happened on so many other occasions which I consider minor incidents where my heart beats faster than normal. Another incident was when i was in court, as soon as the judge called my name out loud my heart rate went from a 0 to an immediate 10, that was pretty scary. Please I would really like to know what is the best way to prevent it from happening.
thank you.
ewere

Chris11

Post by Chris11 » Fri May 04, 2007 5:34 pm

Chrissie, I dont have the answers for you,but your problems seem similar to mine and I feel simpathetic towards you. I just started this program myself, but I hope everything works out well for you. If you have any advice for me or anything to say I would appreciate it.

michael Guernsey

Post by michael Guernsey » Fri May 04, 2007 6:14 pm

No I do not know the answers yet,but that is part of why I got into this program. I believe that if we stick with this program we will learn and are learning how to feel it coming,and then saying this shall pass, and changing our negetive thinking into positive thinking. Also try out the breathing techniqueI hear this really helps. Good luck may things go well for you.

chrissyfree

Post by chrissyfree » Mon May 07, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks for the response michael and chris, even though we all don't have an idea of how to prevent it. ;)am still hopeful for a way to stop my heat beat from skipping at minor events in my life. Chris the most i can say in response to your question is that the program really works, I used to have anxiety so bad i could see my heartbeat through my cloths :eek:, but after being through the program it has reduced my anxiety level tremendoulsly, I would probably rate it at a level 2, sometimes 3. The main thing is to focus on changing your negative thinking to positive, most especailly chapter 2, 3,5,8, 10 help me out a great deal. On my dowm days i review this chapters they are very effective.

good luck chris.. am still hoping someone has an answer to this problem I have.
ewere

cindylou

Post by cindylou » Mon May 07, 2007 9:38 am

Chrissy,
There's an awesome book that helps those of us who may be self-conscious and can be uncomfortable in speaking or performing. In a way, work is a type of performance every day when we work directly with the public-such as you having clients. Also your comment about your name being called in court reminded me of several techniques presented in this book to help with the sudden heart rate increase, the panic when being called upon to speak or even just be acknowledged.
Anyway, the book is In the Spotlight, Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking and Performing by Janet Esposito, MSW.
You will probably be able to relate quite a bit to this book - just guessing from what you've described.
Hope this helps. I also find that lesson #7 in the program is great to help with this.
God bless and hugs to you.

singer123490

Post by singer123490 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 pm

It has been proved that in some people with anxiety issues say their heart skips a beat but it is nothing to worry about. Its just the anxiety and nervousness. It cannot harm you

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”