Still on session 12

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 pm

Anyone still on this? After last week I had to take some time off. Something I have learned is about over analyzing and intellectualizing. It's one of the resistence to change behaviors that you can have.
I remembered Lucinda talking about it in previous tapes but I never could "get it". Well I think I may have got it now (maybe).
I ask my husband what he thought it meant because I was struggling with it. He said without any hesitation "that's when you read into something, more than it really is". Your trying to find a deeper meaning to the question or situation, etc.

I can see now where I have done this. I do it alot when I talk to people. Or when I'm faced with a decision to make. I will worry my self sick over things. To the point that I get so overwhelmed and I end up with anxiety.

Something else that I thought about the other day was....I have heard people say that when they got older. They stopped worry about what other people thought. It made me think about something Lucinda says in #12 about being mature(growing up) She also speaks of a friend who is termanly ill.

I have often wondered why...some people who are faced with something that is life changing can be so inspired about things.
I think it's because they see that their not promised tommorw. Just like someone who is getting older. They start to treasure there days more.

I know I'm talking in circles. It doesn't make alot of sense. I just know that I've got to learn to be more grateful for what I have. I take so maney things for granted. My health included. What I have is not termanal. I can change it....That is huge,amazing! We don't have to live like this. That is such a blessing!

I am so thankful that I'm "getting it". Lucinda is a wonderful person! I hope she knows how truely loved she is...by all of us. :)
Last edited by karenLeigh on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 am

I didn't think you were talking in circles at all, and it made a lot of sense to me. Session 12 is a biggie in my opinion. I still go over this session and review because resistance to change will sneak up sometimes when you don't even realize it. After all, making changes is what this program is all about, and once you "get" this session you are really on your way!

A lot does change from just living longer and getting older like you mentioned. I'm in my fifties and I already treasure my days. Gratitude is so important and sometimes when we are struggling with something we lose sight of just how important this is.

Good luck to you with the rest of the program!

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:15 am

Thanks Mary...your so sweet :)
Have you finished the program completely? it sounds like you have. I agree with you about making changes you have got to change to grow. This sesion is almost like #3. It's hard at first but when you get it...it makes you feel so good! Very empowering!!!

It is easy to lose sight on things that are important. I think it's just human nature..for us to do that. it's not anyones fault, that's just the way it is. I believe that when we understand that then...we are on our way to better things. Forgiving ourselves is so important.
I will always make mistakes...that is part of life. I'm so thankful I can see that now.

Take-care and God bless :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 am

Yes I finished the program. I went thru it three times in a row and each time got something more from it. Sessions 3 and 12 were the key sessions for me. I see it as being a work in progress and that's OK with me.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”