What I get from my Anxiety...

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
Prv31Mom

Post by Prv31Mom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:09 am

ATTENTION.

I realized it yesterday, so I thought I would post it to be honest with myself and everyone else going through the program.

I have spent YEARS thinking that being sick or hurt was the best way to get attention (because...bad attention is better than no attention, you know? :roll:)...it worked growing up. But now I am an adult and am taking responsibility for my emotions and my issues.

I have always said that one of my worst pet peeves about other people is when they use emotions to manipulate others. It hit me yesterday - that is exactly what I do too!!! That is probably why I hate it so much in others!!!

So...here's to being honest and forthrightly (is that a word? :)) asking for attention when I need it...and not using my anxiety and assocaited issues with that to get that false sense of security and reinforcement of my bad behavior.

Whew - this honesty thing is tough! :p

Off to be me...flaws and all,
Dawn

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:32 pm

I know this is an old post but...I'm on #12 too. I wondered if anyone else get's something out of their anxiety? it's hard to be honest. I know I get out of, being responsible for things. I don't know how to say no to people. I have pulled away from so maney people in my life. I have made my "world" so small..by not letting anyone get close to me. It all goes back to expectations.
I hope some others will be honest and tell what they get out of having this. I'm not trying to be mean. I just wondered if anybody could re-late to what i'm saying.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”