New Job

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
KJ1102

Post by KJ1102 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:15 am

Hi I am in the process of changing jobs.... I am leaving a job that I have worked at for 13 years. I have worked with or for my Boss for 27 years. We have a co-dependent relationship that is very un healthy. He is making it very difficult to leave. The reason I am leaving is that he hired an associate that is verbally abusive. By nature I have tolerated a lot of the associate's abuse over the month's. He hired the associate in 03/08.I started the program several weeks ago and it helped me realize that this job was a large part of my problem.My boss is wearing me down... I could really use some encouragement! thanks!

pecos

Post by pecos » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:07 pm

You are challenging the irrational aspects of your own life. Good for you! One of the many valuable lessons you learn by working this program is that we scare ourselves into staying stuck. When we recognize how dysfunctional we've allowed our lives to become, and we muster the courage to change, that internal little voice gets busy. Challenge what that voice tells you. Journal the chatter you are telling yourself. In the end, sort out the nonsense and go forward with the reasonable stuff. That's the positive journey. I wish you bushels and baskets of courage, and a world of strength. And may your new journey be one that brings you happiness and success.

mosie

Post by mosie » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Dear KJ,

I understand that your boss can be wearing you down, but listen to your inner voice and heart. You need to do what is right for you. Your boss may be looking out just for what is good for him at the time. He needs to understand that it is not good for you or anyone to be verbally abused. By standing up for yourself in a positive manner and taking a chance at a new job you are actually validating your own self worth to yourself and that is what we all need to do. You sound like an intelligent person, someone who is working the program and a courageous person at that also. You have a right to be treated kindly and with respect as I am sure that you treat others. I applaud your efforts and courage.

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”