Dealing w/ a annoying person

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
mike2388

Post by mike2388 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:41 am

I have a roommate who just absolutely makes me mad but I feel stuck. For example he wakes me up coming in late at night, he always asks me what time it is when he has his own watch and I know some of you might be thinking its no big deal if he asks the time but he does it a dozen times but all he has to do is turn his head and look at my alarm clock or he can look at his cellphne. I have to pull out my adapter under my desk so I can share w/ him all the time. The worst part is he whines everyday especially about going to work and I'm sick of it. The reason I feel stuck is I just have a hard time sitting down with him and telling him these things that bother me and bring my anxiety symptoms back and stresses me out. Honestly I don't care if I bring these things up and he starts not liking me, I really don't but for some reason I have problems just setting the record straight telling him if he can stop doing these things that bother me. What would you do?

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:05 am

Hey Mike,

Sounds like it would annoy me also. I too have a difficult time speaking my mind when it has to do with something that is bugging me as it seems to switch around on me and I end up being the villian. You basically have 2 choices...just live with it everyday or some how find the strength within to just say I need to talk to you about a few things and just tell him...you may just end up exploding at him one day if it continues to irritate you so isn't it best to just tell him when you are prepared than be caught off guard and let it all out with a lot of anger from the frustration..everyone has a breaking point when someone or something is annoying. You don't need added stress when dealing with anxiety.

Hope this helped and good luck!! ;)
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Moey

Post by Moey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:29 am

Hello I too also have the same issue dealing with people but the problem is I do it all wrong and end up hurting people and myself at the same time. The thing is we set and let things fester and build up within Us and we say well they are my friend and I just cant do that to them forgetting that I am a human being with some issuses myself and I am usually the one that says I am so sorry if i have hurt You when they dont seem to care.. So what to do is to get it out on the table and just be honest I had to call my best friend over an email that she totally took way wrong and then emailed me back concerned i was gonna do something irrational and I need to seek help .. well I called her we talked it out and things seem ok I do feel bad that she has issues and that she thought totally the wrong thing so sometimes you just gotta bite that bullet and go for it instead of holding it in until ya blow or like me my anxiety was getting off the chart.
We can make mistakes but we can also be forgiven!!! If a friend doesnt understand that then they were never a True Friend.
I do hope things work out for ya and good luck maybe he will be cool or maybe he wont but hey its time to think of you for a little while.
Take care and God Bless, Ramona

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”