Anxiety and Panic coming back

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
MichaelP

Post by MichaelP » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:56 am

So, I know that we're supposed to almost encourage or put ourselves in situations that can cause anxiety/panic to show we can overcome them with these skills. I don't know what's going on, but for some reason this week, I've had alot of anxiety and panic. I dont know were it's coming from, if it's from this weeks lesson or what. I think I understand the lesson and can see gains...weird. Anybody else feel the same this week?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 am

I'm new to all this but I feel anxiety and panic attacks on a daily basis. So i would say lately I can see where your coming from.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:13 am

Hi Michael-
I'm on session 6 right now, don't know what part of the program you are on.

Remember to allow yourself to feel anxious and float through it. Don't beat yourself up that you are feeling this way- there are always ups and downs, and you can overcome the downs. You have it in you. Remember you are your safe person.

Go back and listen to session 2 (if you are past this point)- it helps to re-listen, really.

When you are feeling like this remember to take it step by step, moment by moment. Breathe, too. Don't forget that part. :) And when you come out the other end (and you will), remember to pat yourself on the back: You made it! No matter how tiny the steps taken were, they are all worth celebrating. Actually, it's essential that you do celebrate them.

You can do this. Really. :)

Hugs,
Lorena

keithjoy

Post by keithjoy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:08 am

Thanks Lorena, that really helps alot! I am currently on session 12 and havent continued to practice lessons 2 or even 3. They were so important and major mile stones. Thank you so much for the encouragement and the reminder :)

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:30 am

I'm on lesson 12 too. And my anxiety comes and goes too. But, I keep reminding myself about positive talk... it's hard work, I know. I went for a walk and it helped.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:42 pm

I too have had several times of increased anxiety the past couple of weeks. Our lives has been with excitement to say the least, of which I felt like was some of it.

What I have found with my anxiety is that with physical stress they seem to come. Just wondering if someone else has noticed that

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 am

Hi,

I just started Session #12 also. I've noticed the same things. I find that going for at least three one mile walks a week helps. I think we need to remember that this is not going to happen overnight. We need to be patient with ourselves and know that the more effort we make the sooner we will be rid of anxiety and panic attacks. I keep practicing the 6 steps to reduce and eliminate anxiety attacks at least once a day and also I find that listening to the tape at least twice a day and three times when I need to do something that produces anxiety attacks.

I have also found that I can invite people for coffee and phone people and socialize with women which I could never do before.

Just keep trying.

Georgie

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:40 am

thank you for your reply, and I am thankful I have fellow panic brothers and sisters as we might call ourselves. Today has been somewhat better.

I too am in week 12 and trying so very hard to find what gain a person could have. I am writting and thinking about how my attacks all started and how they could be gainful to anyone. I want to find that door and the dip in the road that Carolyn is talking about so bad. I feel one day we will.

Again thanks so much for the comment.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:18 pm

We're never going to be rid of stress and anxiety, what matters is how we deal with it. When you first notice your "what if" thoughts starting, STOP your self right there and use your skills. Slow down, these signals is your body's way of telling you to take it easy. If you're still fearing your next anxious feeling or your next panic attack, then you need to really understand what anxiety is and what it is not. Once you let go of being afraid of it,it loses it's power over you. This happens as you experience it through using your coping skills. I wish you well!

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

im on lesson 7 and afer doing lesson 3 my ocd thought s seemed to go away we r all giong to have bad days just make sure to eat and exercise :D
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”