Anxiety and Panic coming back

This session shows the powerful, positive effects change can have in your life – if only we learn to embrace it, not resist it.
SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:51 am

im on lesson 7 and afer doing lesson 3 my ocd thought s seemed to go away we r all giong to have bad days just make sure to eat and exercise :D
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Thanks guys...it's been a while since I wrote this but reminded me of bad days and how it doesnt go away, we just learn to deal with it is really encouraging. Thank you

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:56 pm

I am having a hard time with Lesson 12 too. I hate change. I've learned how to deal with what is going on with me (the anxiety), and I am somewhat comfortable. This lesson throws it in my face. But, I want to get better. I want to challenge myself in life. I don't do that right now. I stay "safe". I stay where I am familiar. But, there is so much life that I am missing out on. Right now I am stuck, but dragging myself forward. Tomorrow I do the homework for chapter 12. Encouraging words would be great! I know you guys know what I'm going through!
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:14 am

ya i dont understand it either, it seemed like all the physical symptoms, mainly bad heart palpatations, all went away for me around the middle of lesson 2. now im on 12 and they've come back full force!! is this supposed to happen??

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:23 am

when the symptoms start to come back, look and see if you are expanding what you are doing. I think you will notice that you are accomplishing more. It could be the growth spurts that is mentioned.

keep up the good work

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:21 am

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">
Wow Wow Wow...me too.
Sounds like many of you are experiencing high levels of anxiety. I have gotten my muscle twitches and soreness to show back up again. I have been anxious for the last month and a half or more. It good to know that I am not alone and I can do this for sure.
I realized today that I get myself to feel irritated and anxious so that I don't risk feeling rejected. I feel irritated because I don't trust myself to protect myself in the moment. I would rather feel irritated then risk over reacting and looking stupid to my friends and family. The funny part is that when I allow the irritation to climb so high I notice the smallest thing and boom I over-over-react and then I really do look foolish.</span>

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:19 am

AnnetteW
Yes my anxiety comes and goes with stressful situations. This is why I think I put up with my anxiety for so long because during the calm times of my life I felt normal. But in an instant during stress I was reliving this life of anxiety again. So yes you are not alone and things will get better. I'm only on week 2 and so far my anxiety is still with me. When does it seem to go away during this process?

Return to “Session 12 - The Courage to Change”